Friday, July 9, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

It's Friday which means it's time for Half Full Friday Eyegirl hosts this and as of this posting, she hasn't posted hers yet today but I'm still doing it, just because I can.
I'm happy I got my gas cap back after I left it at the gas station! 

I'm happy I avoided hitting the dog in the middle of the road after coming home from my parent's house late Wednesday night!

I'm happy I had a job interview this week!

I'm happy I got a blog award from Miss Katie!  I'll be posting it on Monday.

I'm happy that I was Miss Katie's very first Featured Blogger!

I'm happy I got the new Eminem cd!

I did a short telephone interview on Tuesday with the company that left me a voice mail on Friday.  Bascially the woman asked why I wanted to work for the company and a couple of other questions.  She told me she would be reviewing my pre-employment tests and if I passed, she may be calling me back later in the week.  I've not heard a peep all week so I'm guessing I didn't pass the math part.  I wanted to ask her why they had fractions and algebra equasions on there.  I mean, would it be likely that I'd be using them in the job?  I highly doubt it.  The position was something I already have experience in and I'd NEVER come across that in any of my work.  So what would be the point of having it on the test?  But I didn't want to jeopardize my chances so I didn't say anything.  I don't think I realized it when I applied but the position is only part-time, 20 hours a week. 

On Monday, I applied for a different job with another company.  Got a call on Tuesday and did an interview on Wednesday.  The interview was really short.  I don't know, I didn't get a good feeling from it.  I felt so stupid - they asked what my strength was and I usually I say my customer service skills.  This time though, I think I said something like, "Making sure everything is done correctly."  WTF?!  But -- a little later on, I was asked how I would handle an angry customer.  I was able to say that a company I used to work for was big on customer service training so I felt that it was one of my strengths.  So hopefully that worked in my favor.  Who knows?!  Once they were done asking questions, the interview was over.  They didn't really give me any chance to ask anything which seemed kind of weird.  Every other interview I've ever been to, the company WANTS you to ask questions and even asks you if you have any.  But nope, at the end of this one, they just said, "Ok, well thank you for coming in.  It was nice to get to meet you.  We'll get back to you next week." 

This week's Blog of the Week is my good bloggy buddy Katie!  She was kind enough to use my blog as very first Featured Blogger which was a huge shock and honor so I wanted to surprise her this week!  :)


I first became aware of her blog through my annual Doggone Dog Swap.  I'm wondering if she joined in last year too, I'll have to check my emails to be sure but her name sounded familiar when she joined in this year.  Anyways, we became bloggy friends this year and I've really enjoyed stopping  by regularly and seeing what new things are going on in her world.  She updates almost daily and sometimes several times a day.  This girl is one dedicated blogger!

As the name suggests, her blog is all about daily life with husband, Scott, and chihuahua/yorkie mix, Oscar.  She enters a LOT of giveaways and posts regularly about them.  She has excellent luck though, so if she's entered, you know she's going to win!  She's currently hosting her own giveaway which you can read about here

She has two other blogs, one is of various yummy sounding recipes, the other is her photography

Edit:  I have a question for everyone.  The last couple of days when I've come to my blog, I've gotten a floating message saying, "This image or video has been moved or deleted."  At the bottom of that message is the Photobucket logo.  I thought it was odd but I didn't know what it was referring to.  Today, I noticed it again and realized that no matter how often I refreshed the screen, the background wouldn't load.  I'm thinking that the design I had as my background must have been deleted from Scrapping Blogs Photo Bucket account.  Is my background design coming up for anyone else?  If not, I'll change it.

10 showed me some love:

Katie S said...

I cannot see your background either...It says "This image or video has been moved or deleted."

YAY!!! For me being the blog of the week!! Thanks!!!!

Yes, that counts as blogging about the giveaway for go ahead and add a couple more comments for it!!

Thank you again!!!

Velvet Over Steel said...

I cannot see it either. Glad you explained that though; now I'll know if it happens to me. You're so Smart & I wouldn't have figured that out on my own. HaHa...
Great Happy List & I really enjoy your interview stories. I remember several 'odd' and even scary ones over the years.
Have a Wonderful weekend, Sprinkles!
Hugs,
Coreen

Martine said...

Paws and Finger crossed over here that you get some good job news!

xo

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those are some good things to be thankful for, especially avoiding the dog and finding your petrol cap - would have been a bit precarious without it.
Got everything crossed that you will get this job - good luck!
Lynne

Melissa said...

I can't see the background and I too see the floating "image or video has been moved or deleted".

Congrats on being featured! And you never know about interviews sometimes.. you can feel like you did great and not hear back and feel like you sucked and get a call. I'll be thinking of you!

Meg said...

It sounds like things are starting to look up as far as the job search goes. You are in my thoughts and prayers still!

I also can't see the image in your background. :/

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

the booker man said...

miss sprinkles,
i can't see your background any more either, but i've had the same problem with a couple other bloggies, so it might just be blogger being stoopid and moody. heehee.
i'm super glad you had 2 interviews this week! even if they may not have gone exactly how you wanted, it's still exciting! i'll be keepin' my paws crossed for you. :)
oh, and of course i am super duper glad that you didn't hit that doggie in the street. i bet he/she is super duper glad, too!!
have a grrreat rest of the weekend!
*woof*
the booker man

pee s -- asa won't let me snuggle in her new bed. somethingie about needing her own personal space. boohoo.

Life With Dogs said...

No background and the same message for me. Sorry about the technical difficulties!

houndstooth said...

I can't see the background, either!

I'm glad you have a lot of good things in your half full glass to be happy about!

Zuzana said...

As for your blog background, it could be that the design you are using is no longer available at photobucket, but I guess you have figured it out by now.
;)
Always love your Friday posts, you are such a source of inspiration. I am keeping my fingers crossed with all the interviews - you are so perseverant dear friend.;)
xoxo

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.