Friday, July 2, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

It's been one very hot week here!  I shower and 10 minutes later, I feel like I need another one!  I'm not complaining though, I'm just thrilled that summer has finally decided to stay for more than a few days at a time.

It's time for another installment of Half Full Friday!  As always, if you want to join the fun, head over to Eyegirl's and kick it with Mr. Linky.
I'm happy I got to go on the Garden Tour this year!

I'm happy I won a plant at the Garden Tour social!

I'm happy I got to spend the week with Sunshine!  She's really been a lot of fun and I'm sad that she'll be going home tomorrow.  I'm going to miss her.

I'm happy my boys got a bath this week!  They really needed it, especially Shiver!

I'm happy excited that I won a goodie bag from KS's bloggy birthday party!

I'm happy it's almost Reveal Day on CDAN!

Earlier this week, Shiver rolled onto his back for a good tummy scratching.  I was busy patting away and not paying much attention while I watched tv but then I looked down and discovered just how dirty he was.  He's a big chihuahua so you'd think that Chico would be the dirty one.  Chico is much smaller and hence, much closer to the ground.  Chico is considerably cleaner though, for some reason.

Chico was first.  He shivered the whole time.  Shiver knew what he was in for because he watched Chico getting his.  Shiver clung to me for dear life the whole time he was in the tub.  I thought it would be easier to get to his belly since he was standing up (I sat on the side of the tub and had my feet in the bathtub with him).  I added a ton of shampoo to him and scrubbed away but I didn't see a very big difference afterwards.  He did smell better though! 

After their baths, the two dogs ran zoomies all over the house to dry off.  Normally, Chico only tolerates Shiver when they're inside but will play with him outside.  That day though, they were both very playful and Chico even whined after Shiver sat down to rest for a moment.

I found this week's Blog of the Week on another blog's sidebar.  It's one that pretty much anyone who has ever had a job can relate to.


I really, really, really hated my last job.  Like R-E-A-L-L-Y hated it.  I had very little work to do while everyone else seemed to have more than their fair share.  I'd ask if I could help and usually got stuck with the menial jobs like making photocopies and sending faxes.  At least it gave me something to do though so I never stopped asking.  And then there were my co-workers!  I had a boss who was rarely interested in anything I had to say, an asst. manager who was incredibly rude to anyone and everyone she possibly could be and one of the girl's there was likely a bully in school as she went out of her way to be nasty to only me.  And then there were the people I sat next to.  One was a religious freak who liked to share her views on everything.  When I first met her, she was also nasty to me but over time, she chilled out considerably.  We will never be best friends but she became much more tolerable.  The other girl I shared a cubicle area with sniffed all day long and refused to blow her nose.  She spent a good portion of her day on the phone and whenever she was on the phone, she liked to eat.  She ate during business and personal calls.  Often times, people would have to ask her to repeat herself because her mouth was too full and they couldn't understand her.  Yeah, that's professional!  There were really only two people that I liked working with there.  One was the receptionist and the other was a girl who worked on the insurance side of things.  Because she and I had two completely different jobs, we didn't always see much of each other. Once in awhile I'd hang out with some of the girls outside of work and I actually liked them for the most part during those times.  Well, except for the asst. manager whom I have absolutely NO respect for.

Why am I telling you all this?  Because this website allows you to send an anonymous email to a coworker telling them just how annoying you think they are!  I actually considered sending my ex boss an email to tell her she wasn't a very good boss and that I don't understand why she would ever in a million years think that the person she hired as asst. manager would do a good job.  That person should never be in a management position.  EVER!  Ultimately, I didn't send it as even though it's supposed to be anonymous, I knew my boss would figure it out and know immediately that it was from me.  

If you just absolutely love and adore all of your coworkers, past and present, then I'm thrilled for you.  I really am!  But you might still enjoy perusing this website.  If you don't want to send an anonymous email, you can also read stories others have posted about their annoying coworkers.  You can also read messages sent from the site.  Personally, I prefer the posts rather than the emails.  Some of the comments to the posts are just as funny as the post itself! 

Just wanted to share a fun one this week since the holiday weekend is almost here!
    

7 showed me some love:

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

We loves summer too!!! Glad yous are coming to the pawty!!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

the booker man said...

shiver and chico,
i know how ya'll feel. mama told me that me and asa have to get baths tomorrow. boohoo! :(
now, miss sprinkles, mama says your work story for the blog of the week reminded her of her old job. the management was ridiculous, too. one time, they decided to fumigate and spray pesticide on the first floor (where my mama worked) while everybuddy was there working! of course everybuddy started to feel icky. so mama was anonymous like and called the state occupational safety people to report her work. well, they came and did air tests and sent everybuddy home! to this day, nobuddy knows it was my mama who called. heehee.
have a happy 4th of july weekend!
*woof*
the booker man

P said...

similar hot weather here - i'm just not used to it unless I'm abroad and lying on a beach! Can't really get away with wearing a bikini or tiny dress walking to work and back in Glasgow, sadly. :(

Oh, totally ADORE the sound of the annoying colleague site, I have had TONS of them! Thanks for once again highlighting an awesome looking site!

Velvet Over Steel said...

Sounds like you had a 'lucky' week!
Great 'happys' and very interesting 'co-worker' stories. Thanks for sharing the sight! Wish I could send one to a 'neighbor' instead. Oh.. wait, maybe these is one of those. Humm... LOL
Have a wonderful & SAFE holiday weekend!!!!
Hugs,
Coreen

Alien said...

Come to Hawaii!

Summer said...

Hi girlie,
Found your bloggy through my bloggy BFF Katie! She featured ya on her blog and I figured if she liked ya then I sure would LOL.... :0)

So I think your super funny and I love your blog look! That virtual kitty on your side bar is so stinkin' cute!

Hope you have a great 4th!!

xoxo
Summer :0)

Oh I'm a new follower now

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Wishing you a fun, safe and well fed holiday.
Cheers!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.