Monday, July 12, 2010

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

Before I start dispersing the awards, I wanted to ask about blog designs. 

Over the weekend, I went to Scrappin' Blogs to look for a new background.  The floating PhotoBucket image annoys me and I'm ready for a change anyways.  I really liked a lot of the designs they had previously so I thought I'd use them again.  They have a message on their homepage now saying that they were getting too many hits and that PhotoBucket wanted them to convert their current account into a business account where they'd have to pay a rather hefty monthly service fee. Fortunately, they were able to find another server to use.  They'll still have to pay (but probably not nearly as much, I'm guessing) and instead of charging for designs, you can leave a donation via PayPal should you choose to do so.  They're busy re-uploading and coding each design one by one.  In the mean time, I have a white blog background.  While that might appeal to some, I don't particularly care for it.   I've found from experience that not all of the Blogger templates work like they're supposed to.  I wouldn't mind paying for someone to design one for me  but I'm not in a position to do that right now.  So ~ what other sites offer free backgrounds?  I suppose I could google it but I wanted to see what your suggestions would be first!

And now, onto the awards!

Katie @ Life with the Dietrich's was kind enough to give me an award last week.  I already have this one but I'm going to post it again because I like the pretty flower!  And actually, the award wasn't given to me last time, it was given to my dog, Chico.  This one is all mine, baby!
The rules are simple.  The first one is to thank the person who gave it to you.  Thanks, Katie!

The second is to pass it on to 12 other bloggers. 

I have mixed feelings about giving awards.  I love to give and receive them but I've noticed that when I let someone know that I've given them one, some people either ignore it completely or they'll thank me for it but I never see it posted.  I know some people like to save them up and post them together when they've gotten several more and that's wonderful.  I'm always afraid that I'll forget by then so I tend to post them when I get them. I even once saw a comment on someone else's blog that they were going to forgo the particular award they'd just been given because they'd just gotten a different one a day or two earlier and had posted it on their blog.  Why does that make a difference, exactly?  I'm always honored that someone would want to give me an award and am sad that others apparently don't feel the same way.  But alas, I'm going to follow the rules so here goes...

Fiesty Three     Booker Man     Meg     Avery Jack     P     Coreen
Honey     Life With Dogs     Hero     Wilf     Riley     Draco

Sorry if you've already received this award, I was too lazy to check and see.

Way back in February, I was looking for a new avatar.  Because I go by "sprinkles", I thought it would be fun to use a cupcake with sprinkles on top.  I didn't find quite what I was looking for, but I did find something else:     
I don't exactly have mad computer skillz (what, you couldn't tell?)  so I wouldn't have the knowledge or probably even the program(s) necessary to create an award on my own so when I stumbled across this on bing, I knew it would be perfect!  I don't know if it's original intent was to be an award or not but decided to use it as one.  I've gained a lot more followers since February so I wanted to post this again and say if you're a follower and don't already have it, please grab it! 

I'm pretty sure this is an all-inclusive list of who wouldn't have had it from the first posting.  If I've missed you but you want it, by all means, take it if your're a follower!  Or maybe you forgot to pick it up from last time...  I do have a couple of followers that I couldn't find blogs for that have never commented.  So if you're reading and don't see you're name, that's why. 

Amber     Avery Jack     Booker Man     Chewy & Lilibell     Coreen   Draco     Katie     Hero    
little princess Luna     Lucy's Human     Mango     Meg   Meeko Fabulous     Mr. Pip     Mommy Lisa     Olive     Pibble     Piappies World   Scout 'n Freyja     Summer   

Just a little thanks from me to you because you truly are like the sprinkles on my cupcake!

21 showed me some love:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Hey, thank you for the award!! Please do not be offended if I don't get around to posting it on our blog right away, I've been so busy lately and have sadly neglected Chewy & Lilibell's blog :(

For a new background, go on my blog and click on the banner in the top left corner, they have some pretty cool backgrounds there and that's where I found the background of the city!! I think you should do it today, because you're right, that photobucket image is really annoying!

Hugs, Nadine

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Thanks!!

oh and I'm having a giveaway for a design this week. Prob Wed or Thurs.

The Daily Pip said...

Thanks Sprinkles!!! Love the award!

Your pal, Pip

P said...

Thanks very much! :)

I use The Cutest Blog on the Block for my background, which is free. I think if you go into my blog there is actually a link to it on my background. I feel quite inspired to go and change mine again right now actually... :)

Katie S said...

Thank you!!

I will email you a list of free backgrounds that I have used tomorrow!!

There are a ton!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your award sprinkles! I don't know why anyone would turn down an award, it's the thought that counts anyway. Some people are just silly.

little princess Luna~ said...

omd--thank you sprinkles~!! i shall post it up on my "my awards~" page on my bloggie~!! :D

xo,
luna

koko said...

Congrats on your wardie... I have it before but it's not the award that matters, it's the giver and thanks for the bloggy love. I'll get around to post it later. You are definitely the sprinkles on our cake.

Licks, hero

Angus said...

Thank you so much. We'll post a formal thanks tomorrow - the great July 14th holiday!

MommyLisa said...

Thanks - I will put your sprinkles on my Peeps page - do you have it in HTML that links back to your blog? If you do that would even be better...

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oooh, congrats on all your awards. We like your new white background!
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

pibble said...

Thank you, Sparkles, this is so sweet!

As for designs, I just use Blogger's template designer. It's been very easy for me and offers lots of free backgrounds and color combinations. Here's a link to more info:
http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogger-template-designer.html

Good luck!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Congrats on the Awards, you well deserve it Sprinkles!
Thanks for passing on the Award to me, I love cupcake!
I'll post it soon in my next post.
And regarding to free background websites, please click on the upper left corner of my guestbook. I think after you have new background uploading to your blog, the image of "photo bucket deleted" will be gone.
Cheers!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Oh I love it! Thank you so much! And now I want a cupcake too! It's been Hellish busy in the office. Thanks for this. It made my day! :)

the booker man said...

MISS SPRINKLES!
gratsers on your awesome awardie!!
the booker man is giddy with excitements over receiving it, too! thank you so so much from the bottom of my furry paws. :)
i like your new background a lot, too! i'm just using a blogger template now, but before i was using thecutestblogontheblock.com.
they got lots of cool stuff 'n thingies!
*woof*
the booker man

Summer said...

Awwwww thank you so much girlie! Love it....totally made my evening! Your a sweetie! Hey have you ever tried cutestblogontheblock for backgrounds or aquapoppy they are free and they have super cute ones....google them you will likey promise they are super easy to do and if you need any help let me know

xoxo
Summer :0)

Life With Dogs said...

You are so sweet to think of all of us - so thank you very much! I'm happy to say I know all of those awarded. Thanks for sharing the love!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Congrats on the award. For free blog backgrounds, I like Leeloublogs.com & cutest blog on the block.

Zuzana said...

Hello dearest sprinkles, I am back and how lovely to read your post and see all these comments dear friend.;) Congratulations on your award.;) I love your new background.;)
xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Sprinkles - thank you so much for giving me the award. I am very honoured and very appreciative! I'm sorry - I don't mean to be rude but it's just that often, we're so behind on posts (my human usually has a queue of posts that are waiting to be done) that need to be posted more urgently because it reflects stuff that's happening in my life at the moment - and so the awards always get put on a sort of "back up list" which my human keeps meaning to do but often never gets round to it. So it's not that we don't appreciate them but just that we often don't get enough time or posts to mention them! Especially as we don't post every day - we usually only do about 2 -3 posts a week - and so often have to safe them up for more urgent or "important" things...not that awards aren't important! But I hope you understand what I mean. And sometimes when I've done a REALLY long post on 1 topic (and you know how long my posts can go on for!), I feel like I shouldn't introduce another topic at the bottom - like mentioning awards and so I put it off again...and that's why they keep getting put off...

Anyway, thank you again!
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Olive said...

hey there!! Thanks so much for that award!! I love it!!!

Licks to you from me!!

Olive

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.