Friday, July 16, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

How is it possible that time can pass so quickly?  Seriously, I have no idea where it seems to go!

It's the end of the week and you know what that means, it's Half Full Friday!  As always, if you want to join in the fun (and you know you do!), head over to Eyegirl's and do your thing with Mr. Linky!
I'm happy I had an excellent dinner at my parent's house this past weekend!

I'm happy the weather cooled down a little bit for a few days this week!

I'm happy I got a new blog background! 

I'm happy thrilled I got a package in the mail from the extremely generous KS!

I'm happy I was able to buy a small treat for my boys this week!

I'm happy my mom surprised me with a gift of pretty purple flip flops!

I'm happy I got another award from Katie!  She must really like me, she's given me 2 awards within a weeks time!

I'm happy psyched that I won Katie's giveaway!

I'm happy that I got several new followers this week!  Welcome!

Thanks to those who offered me advice on where to go for free blog backgrounds.  I like this one but I'm not sure if I'll keep it. 

A few weeks ago, KS held a bloggy birthday party.  She celebrated her blog's one year anniversary by choosing a few commenters names at random and sending them goodie bags.  When she told me I was one of the lucky winners, I was so excited!  It's always fun to get something in the mail besides bills!
Cute wrapping paper! 
Cupcake journal and Post-it note pad
Shiver helping himself to some chocolatey goodness
Candle, playing cards and magnet
My favorite item out of the collection of goodies has to absolutely be the magnet!  The message is so inspiring and just what I needed to hear:
For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life.  But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.  At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.  This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.  Happiness is the way.  So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.  Happiness is a journey, not a destination...   ~Souza
Since I've been out of work, I've felt like my life has pretty much stopped and been at a standstill.  I have no money and can't afford to go anywhere or do anything so I pretty much stay home all day every day except to job search and visit my parents and friends.  Reading this magnet made me shed a few tears and realize that my life doesn't have to stop.  I just need to get out there and live life, and stop letting it just pass me by while I sit on the sidelines.  And with that, I took my boys for a walk!  It may not be much but it got me out into the world and enjoying life again!  Thank you, KS!

Which brings me to my Blog of the Week!  I was reading some random person's blog (I don't even remember who) and they had posted about someone leaving nasty comments on KS's blog.  Being nosy, I had to go check out the drama for myself.  What I found was a true treasure trove, one of my very favorite blogs!


She started blogging in June of 2009, her very first post was about saving power.  I'm glad I didn't read her blog back then because I'm terrible about saving power, recycling, etc. and don't like to be reminded of that fact.  If I'd started with her first post, I may not have checked back because I would probably think that's all she would blog about.  And I would be very wrong! 

KS updates almost daily and she's hilarious!  She's a fellow cupcake lover and adores the color purple. She blogs about her daily life but she also discusses topics such as the US Constitution, the Titanic (she even had a Titanic Week where she shared her love of the movie and little known facts about the actual Titanic) and Spirit Jump

When she blogged about this particular company, I immediately became one of her biggest fans.  My father has survived 2 different kinds of cancer.  While he's lucky that he didn't face the horrors a lot of other people with cancer have, that doesn't mean he suffered any less.  KS has their button on her blog but until I went back through her archives, I really had no idea who this company was or what they do.

She recently graduated from law school and moved back home with her parents and two kitties for the summer while she works at her dream job.   Her profile says she tries to do something every day to make someone else happy.  Well, whenever I see a new post from her, I'm happy!

12 showed me some love:

Zuzana said...

My goodness, this post made me smile and cry at the same time...
You are very special, did you know that?
That magnet text is so VERY true, I have realized that myself. I have once read that "Life is what happens when we make other plans" and I have noticed that the best is always passing us by, as we are waiting for something better to come along...
"Seize the day" fits almost at any time, at any part of our life.
Have a lovely Friday dear sprinkles and congratulations on all your awards and gifts.;)
xoxo

Velvet Over Steel said...

Hi! I'm back... been gone, long story. Love your Happy list as always and congrats on the goodie bag! What a great idea!
I have so much to catch up on with your blog this weekend and will check out your blog of the week. You always pick fabulous ones! :-)
Have a Wonderful Weekend my friend!!!
HUGS,
Coreen

Maxmom said...

Dear Sprinkles
I just had to pop by and see what you have been up to. I so love the honesty of your blog...
Hang in there and enjoy your goodies!
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

P said...

This is the first blog of the week of yours I've read that I already know - i LOVE KS!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

You gots some nice pressies. Your furiend KS sounds like a keeper. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Zuzana said...

Dearest friend, thank you for your note yesterday, it made me smile! And you know what; I posted today.;)
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

Deborah said...

That was such a nice post! You received some gifts too! I was thinking....Maybe you can volunteer while your looking for a job, they say that really helps your resume! It will probably make you feel good too! I volunteer all the time and I really enjoy it!
Have a nice weekend.
Deborah

Sketching with Dogs said...

KS sounds like a wonderful friend and I love your presents.
Another great list to be thankful for, we could all take a leaf out of your book.
Lynne

the booker man said...

miss sprinkles!
that is a super nice half full friday list! i really like the quote on your new magnet, too. my mama says it really puts things in perspective! i'm glad it made you feel better and that you had a fun walkie with shiver and chico. :) oh, and mama L-O-V-E-S the "keep calm -- have a cupcake" note pad! she started giggling when she saw the picture.
happy weekend!
*woof*
the booker man

Katie S said...

LOVE the gifts!!!

I LOVE getting things in the mail!!

Shiver really wants some chocolate :)

And I do like you!!! You always leave me great comments!!!!

Meg said...

What a sweet little package, that must have made your day. I know what you mean about thinking life is standing still--I found an incredible post which we will actually be using for a reading at our wedding which relates exactly to this. Phillip and I don't live together so we are always looking forward to when we are or looking towards the next time we get to see one another well this put that into perspective and I read it whenever i need a bit of a reminder. I will post it at some point during the week.

Keep walking those dogs and hanging in there girl. You'll get to where you are going. I'm still praying for you guys.

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

Kristen said...

So.... my crazy busy life has kept me away from your sweet blog (boo to that) and I am FINALLY reading this amazing post.

I don't even know what to say because thank you is simply inadequate. This was the sweetest post, and the things you shared about me and my blog made my heart leap. You've put such a big smile on my face and I just can't thank you enough for that :)

So glad we found each other in blog world!!

And I hope you've kept walking the dogs and doing things that make you smile all weekend long... I've learned that sometimes the hardest and most difficult things in life are the ones that define us the most.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.