Friday, December 3, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

It's Half Full Friday again!  Dang, the weeks just seem to fly by.  And now that the holiday's are here, they'll go by even quicker.

So when Eyegirl was still hosting Half Full Friday, she kind of created a mission statement to explain what it's all about.  I thought I'd share a bit of it and maybe some of you will actually join me.

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in every day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list.


~I'm happy because...
I have a job interview this morning! 

I got some deep cleaning done in my house this week!

I got all of my Christmas shopping done!  (Thanks, ~KS!)

I got some Christmas cards in the mail!

I also got a little something in the mail from Melly Dee!

Karma truly does exist ~ I found out that the asst. manager at my old job got fired!  YES!!!  I know it isn't good to be happy about someone's failures but honestly, I couldn't figure out why in the world anyone would think she'd be management material. 

My neighbor shoveled the snow on the sidewalk in front of my house for me!

I ran into someone I used to volunteer with and haven't seen in awhile and we took some time to reminisce!
*****
We still have plenty of snow.  If the weatherman is to be believed, it's not going away anytime soon, we're just going to get more!  I can't remember when it snowed this much this early before.  I'm in denial about the whole thing and am envisioning sipping cocktails while relaxing on a beautiful, warm beach.
 Source:  google images
I tried taking pictures of my yard to show you all the snow but my computer has decided it doesn't want to connect with my camera for some reason so I can't post them.  I'm not sure if I should be upset with my computer, the sh*tty camera or both.
*****
I actually had a different blog in mind for today's Blog of the Week but changed my mind once I found this cute little blog.  Hound Girl linked to them earlier this week so I visited them and read the whole thing from beginning to end.  It's a new blog so it didn't take long.


Cooper is a boston terrier and Lola is a French bulldog.    This blog isn't just about their daily lives.
It's a place to learn tips about dog health issues, to find the new products of the pet world and which is worth trying. It's a page of information, humor and love that makes dog companionship so special.
One of my favorite features is that it includes a "Celebrity Dog of the Month."  This month's dog is Bo, the Portuguese water dog belonging to President Obama.

I'm looking forward to many more posts from them.  You should totally stop by and say hello if you haven't already!

11 showed me some love:

The Daily Pip said...

Oh boy, does that beach look nice or what!!!! Good luck with your job interview.

Your pal, Pip

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You seem to always come up with so many Pawsitive thingys in your life. You make me shame faced fur all my grouchin and complainin. YOU are an inspiration. I just thought I would say that. Not just HERE on YOUR blog butt on all the other blogs that you leave your lovely comments on. I'm just sayin.

Zuzana said...

Happy Friday to you even though it is Saturday here already.;))
I also have great neighbors that shovel the snow for me.;)) And I also got one xmas card.;)
Beautiful tropical images, what an eye candy when it is dark and cold outside.;) But i still enjoy the snow, I will until Christmas, then it can be all gone for all I care.;))
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

Zona said...

Such an inspirational post!! Frankie is SO right (as usual)!

How did the interview go?

Wags,
Zona

Deborah said...

Good luck your interview and I could go for one of those fancy drinks!!
xxoo
Deborah

Velvet Over Steel said...

I hope your job interview went well! Even if you don't want the job, it still feels good or better if it went well! :-)

Where do you live? My middle son is in Chicago and he said it's snowing in his area for the first time this year & on his birthday! He likes snow...

I hope you don't get snowed in... Have a Wonderful rest of the weekend!!
Hugs,
Coreen

Anonymous said...

Happy (Be-lated!) Friday! Good luck with your interview!

And I know, it might not feel like a good thing, but I totally understand being happy about that chick being fired. Sometimes you just wonder how people manage to get as far as they do!

Sketching with Dogs said...

You are more organized than me, I haven't got any cards written, only 2 presents bought - soooo lazy!
That beach looks divine, oh to be there instead of here in the cold. Both the girls hate the snow like your boys do, it's outside to powder their noses and straight back in!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

What great things on your list, job interview, deep cleaning, Christmas shopping done! Wow
kim

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Thank you Miss Sprinkles for your Birthday comment!!

Waggles, Chewy

Anonymous said...

Awww thanks for the review..Just saw it now..but we're gonna try to do a list tomorrow like you asked your readers to do..Thanks again for the kudos...we do appreciate it!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.