Friday, November 11, 2011

Half Full Friday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half fullinstead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)

~I'm happy because...
I've discovered my love of the trolley!  I'd seen it driving around campus but never paid much attention to it until someone mentioned she rides it regularly because her classes are all over campus like mine.  Best part -- it's free!!!

I got signed up for classes for next semester!

My adviser says I'm right on track for which classes I need to be taking with the exception of math!  This was my first advising appointment so I'm happy that I'm doing the right thing.

My new heartburn meds make me sleepy.  This makes me happy because it requires me to go to bed much earlier to get the sleep I need.  (I'm a night owl and rarely go to sleep early so I pay for it in the morning.)

I finally named my new betta!  It's a stupid name but he doesn't mind!  lol

We had beautiful weather yesterday!  We're supposed to get nasty weather this weekend so that kind of helps make up for it.

Today is 11/11/11!

I was prescreened for ADHD yesterday and it turns out that I exhibit many (but not all) of the symptoms!

Why would this make me happy?  Because I couldn't figure out why I can't seem to focus.  And now I feel like I'm not lazy or crazy.  I've always had issues with it but it seems like I notice it more now when I have to focus.  

Because I exhibit many of the symptoms, I need to go back for the actual screening process.  It costs $200 but my insurance should cover it.  I just have to get some documents together and have my mom, a friend and a former employer complete some forms.  Not sure what to do about the employers as none of my former bosses still works for the company.  I don't talk to my current boss much (he stays in his office for the most part) so I doubt he could really provide much information.

It really does make me feel better to know there may be a reason behind why I can't seem to focus.
*****
Because of my bad hip, I swore I'd use a campus map when set my schedule for the coming semester so I won't be running all over creation again.  Didn't do much good, my classes are still all over.  My first four classes are fairly close together at one end of campus while my fifth one is waaaaaaaaaay over on the other side.  BUT...now that I know about the trolley, it won't be so bad!  My first class is only 2 days a week which is nice.

7 showed me some love:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WOW... you have a LONG list this week. THAT makes me happy!!

So what is the fish's name???

Finn said...

What did you name the beta?? Glad you're able to have a reason behind all the focusing challenges. And that you found the trolley!

The Life of Riley said...

Hi Sprinkles,

The ADHD thing is an interesting one. I had a friend and old neighbour who wasn't diagnosed until he was in his late 30's and up to his second marriage, and fourth career change (after leaving University as he couldn't focus). I knew him from when he was 10, and thinking back he had many of the symptoms, he never could focus or stick to a task for long and was always hyperactive. When he was on meds he would actually stand still while people were talking to him. The intriguing thing for me was that when he wasn't working and couldn't afford his perscribed medications (Ritalin) he found drinking lots of Coke (Cocoa Cola) calmed him down (whereas for the rest of us large amounts of caffine has the opposite effect!).

Have a great weekend.

MommyLisa said...

I hope they help you with your possible ADHD and it gets you going where you want to go.

The Daily Pip said...

I am glad you are feeling happy. I think knowing is always much better than not knowing. Good luck with the health insurance, hope they cover the screening!

Your pal, Pip

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I'm participating today. So what did you name your Beta fish? We had 1 named Sapphire & he lived for 2 & 1/2 years.

Velvet Over Steel said...

That trolley sounds great! Esp. since it's free.

I agree that it's nice to have 'answers' to why we do or don't do somethings; either with ourselves are with those close to us. I got answers to my anxiety issues 4 years ago and only after that was I able to deal with it and learn to control or deal it.

Good Luck with everything!!
Big Hug,
Coreen XO

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.