Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rescue Me Week!

I don't know Mayzie but all week long I've been seeing lots of my bloggy furiends pawticipating in her Rescue Me Week.  I'm a day late but I love the fact that she's doing this so much that I just had to join in.

Sadly, her Grandpa J passed over the rainbow bridge and to honor him, she's asked that Blogville post about a pet that needed to be rescued.  To encourage as many people as possible to pawticipate, she'll pick out 5 posts and award a $100 prize to their favorite shelter.

You know I'm all about the chi's so I found a beauty to present.  Meet Princess.  Wish I could take her.
Princess is a tiny black and tan Chihuahua who is around 2 years old.  She came to Fuzzy Pawz Rescue from a shelter where she was doing poorly and was completely frightened.  She is a delightful little girl who loves to snuggle and follow you around.  She hates to sleep alone and needs to have company at night.  She is happy and sweet and prefers scratches and love to playing with toys.  She is a "people" dog, but also plays well with other dogs and cats.  She recognizes other Chihuahuas and gets all wiggly and happy when she can play with them.  Princess has obviously had a rough go of life so far; she is a bit shy at first, and, until she knows you, she likes her space respected.  She doesn't like hands to be reached out to her and will nip a little until she is used to you.  It took her all of one minute to bond with me and become her darling Princess self.  If you give her a minute she will bond strongly with you and wont leave your side.  At first she was scared of the men in the foster home (spouse and 2 teenage sons), but it took less than 24 hours for her to warm up and snuggle shamelessly with them all.  Now she prefers to sleep with one of them over the foster mom.  However due to her being a little bit fearful of strangers, Princess will have to go to a household with no children under the age of 14.  Princess loves naps and laps and will bring your family years of joy and delight.  Please contact foster mom Liz at 899-9656 or sweetlizzie972@gmail.com for questions and to set up a time to come and meet the Princess.  Note an adoption application is required and can be completed on-line at http://www.fuzzypawzrescue.com/adoptionapplication.htm.  There is a $40 adoption fee for Princess.  Princess is spayed and up to date on her vaccinations.

7 showed me some love:

Velvet Over Steel said...

Oh I Wish I could adopt sweet Princess!! What a great post and I hope she gets a permanent and perfect home very soon!!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Awwwwwww this was so sweet of you. You should get to know Mayzie.. she is a blast.
THANKS fur puttin this little girrrrl's story up!!!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

OoH Princess is beootiful and her deserves da bestest furever home ever, my paws is crossed fur her findin' it soon. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Mayzie said...

Oh, I am SO very glad you decided to pawticipate in Rescue Me Week! Princess is oh-so-precious and I just know she's gonna make her future furever family Most Happy! My paws are crossed that they find her real soon so that she can keep being treated like the royalty she most obviously is!

I will puts you on Friday's list and make sure you're in on the drawing. I know that's not EXACTLY the rules. But if you don't tells Brudder Ranger, I won't either. Heehee!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, isn't Mayzie's event great! I hope someone adopts Princess really soon.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Adien Crafts said...

Aaaw all the puos looking for furever homes is heartbreaking but fabulous that Blogville has stepped in to shout about it. We were a bit late off the block and didn't know about it. Hope you're keeping well and school and everything is going good xxx

Sagira said...

How nice of you to post. Mayzie is wonderful and did such a great thing. Sure hope that pup finds a great furever home.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.