Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday MeMe

Getting my car fixed today.  It's supposed to take most of the day.  Since I'm stuck without a car, I'll be doing homework.  I can't believe there's only 3 weeks of class left, another week of finals and then this semester is DONE!!!  It went so fast!

I snagged this meme from Curious as a Cat.


1. You arrive at work to find all the items in your cube packed up in a box.  There's no note and you have no idea what's going on.  What do you do?  


After freaking out initially and presuming I must be fired, I'd ask my boss or a co-worker and keep my fingers crossed that the reason my shizz is packed up is because I'm moving to a different cubicle.

2. What continent would you most like to visit?  Explain why.  Have you been there before?  Is it the last one to check off your list?


I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to look up the seven continents.  I remember learning them as a kid but it's not like I use this info daily so it's long since been forgotten.

Anyways, I've decided on Africa.  No particular reason and I don't even know what I'd do once I got there.  I've never been before so it would be fun just to sight-see and maybe visit MaxMom if she wasn't too busy.

3. List some good memories of your father.


When I was a kid, I remember the neighbor girl talking about all the fun things she did with her dad.  My dad worked nights at that time and I remember telling her that I didn't remember the last time I'd seen my dad.  I'm sure I'd probably seen him recently but I was probably only 4 or 5 so it just seemed like forever.

Then I grew into a teenager and my father and I didn't get along.  At all.  I couldn't stand him and the feeling seemed to be mutual.  Things remained much the same way as an adult until I finally moved out on my own.

The last really good memories I have of my dad is when he was in the hospital.  He wasn't of his right mind and didn't seem to know who I was most of the time.  I'd been visiting him for awhile one day when I told him I was going to leave him be and let him rest.  He asked me not to go so I didn't.  I'm really thankful that I stayed because by the end of the week, he was gone.  A day or two later, he seemed to be doing so much better.  He hadn't been able to eat and was being fed intravenously.  I walked into his room to see one of the nurses feeding him.  They left shortly after I came in and I fed my dad.  I was so excited he could eat again and thought he was getting better.  The next day, he was in a coma-like state and the day after that, he passed  away.  So those are the memories I'm going to share today.

4. Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
It reminds me of a castle.  I'd love to go there on Halloween and see what spirits were lurking there.

8 showed me some love:

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, what a neat list. I really like that cool birdie pix and I'm gonna count that for my Give Us The Bird Event so that you (your chi's) are in the drawing! I'd like to sniffle around in that big castle too...fun/scary place!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

jen said...

Love your list!!
I think I would panic and or be relieved if my shizz was packed up at work:))

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Love the list and your answers to it.

Finn said...

I love that picture, and what a great idea for visiting that spooky house!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Count us in on luvin' your answers. :) Happy Monday!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

PeeS If you lived closer to us, our dad could fix your car. Him is an excellent mechanic!

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh wow what an amazing house, it does look spooky but I imagine it must be fun to live in too! I don't know what I would answer to those questions, I find that kind of question very hard to answer, somehow.

Velvet Over Steel said...

Great answers!! I would of 'reacted' the same way to the first one for sure and my first thought about the last one was a castle too.

I can totally relate to your memories about your dad. It reminds me of my relationship with my mom actually more than my dad. We just never got along, until very recently. And that is probably because I don't see her much; she has mellowed with age And I try really hard!!! ;-)

Have a Wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!!! XOXO

Zuzana said...

My car needs to go into a shop too.;)
The story about your dad touched me to tears... So happy you have no regrets.;)
Really enjoyed this post, have a great midweek,
xoxo

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.