Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Is In The Air!

We got our first real snowfall yesterday.  When I drove to my mom's house last night, the roads weren't too bad yet but I'm worried about how they'll be on the way to school.  The highway is known for black ice and there isn't any alternative route to get to school.  Keeping my fingers crossed because my brakes are bad.  At least I have new front tires.

My boys are very prissy and don't like to get wet.  So I was shocked when Shiver went out while it was snowing!  Didn't stay out long though.  And then he went out again a little later and I was surprised when I couldn't see his little paw prints.  Granted, there wasn't a ton of snow on the ground but still...

My professor gave us an extra assignment in Cultural Anthropology last Friday.  We had to write a 2 to 3 page paper on our culture. Thank you to everyone who sent me emails or commented on this post as I found it extremely helpful.  It took awhile to get started but once I did, I didn't want to stop.  I wrote 3 full pages and could've written so much more!
On my way to gas up the car last night, I drove through town and admired all the Christmas lights.  I so love Christmas.  This will be the first one without my dad and I have no money to pay my mortgage next month, let alone buy Christmas presents.  It still hasn't dampened my spirit though; I have my mom, my chi's and my friends - bloggy and IRL!  What more could I ask for?

13 showed me some love:

Meg said...

I love admiring all the Christmas decorations. It is one of my favorite things to do. I'm glad you banged that paper out, way to go.

Zuzana said...

Oh dear sprinkles, what a delightful post.;) We also got or first snow today, although it was more sleet, even though it looked pretty for a few house before melting away.
Your last sentence (paragraph) spoke so much to me... I am finding myself too with really bad economy at this time - I find that so funny, as i am the happiest I have ever been, yet the poorest I have ever been too (just returned from the car shop and left §1500 there for repairs, my oh my...)
xoxo

Finn said...

Good luck to you this season. I hope everything starts to turn around. I love looking at the lights also, but I always feel like I am the only one driving around to look at them!

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, sounds like your boys were being very brave to be in the snow! Personally I love it, but my Mom understands exactly where your chis are coming from. BOL I love that pix with the pretty lights...the holidays are so much fun. Santa Paws always finds a way to make the holiday special. I consider Blogville furiends like you to be my special giftie to myself!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

We've had really crazy weather here - it snowed on Halloween and during the month of November we've had days where it was almost 70! Today is mild too, in the 60's.

Enjoy your Christmas and don't worry about no money for presents, in my book, Christmas is all about spending it with your loved ones, not gifts (in fact, I wish we could do away with the whole gift thing!). And to compensate for your Dad not being with you (I'm sorry, that's a real bummer :( ), maybe you and your Mom could start new traditions?

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

We've only had 1 snowfall so far too. But it was a doozy & we lost power.

Maggie Mae and Max said...

All our snow came and went in October and today it was almost 60 degrees at my house, kerAzy!
We wish you nothin' but luvs and happiness dis holiday season.

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

jen said...

Ugghh!!! We need snow here!!!

Cara said...

First snow, already?? Goodness girl, I couldn't do it. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything starts going your way and that you and your Mom have a GREAT Christmas! !

Sketching with Dogs said...

We haven't had any snow in our region yet but hear it's on the way.
I'm sure your family will just love the time you spend with them in the holiday. You could always make a little something or gather a bunch of holly and greenery and wrap in pretty paper like a bouquet.
I really admire your optimism, you are a lovely person!
Hugs, Lynne x

julie fedderson said...

That is such a beautiful picture! I haven't had the Christmas spirit sink in yet, so this post really was nice for me to start getting in the mood!

Melissa said...

I'm trying real hard to get in the Christmas spirit. My husband doesn't like Christmas music (what a grinch, eh?) but I play it anyway. :)

I hope this Christmas is good to you.

Velvet Over Steel said...

I so Love you Christmas Spirit!! Don't worry either; your positive attitude and that spirit will get you though next month... I am very sure!! Hang in there and thank you for brightening my afternoon with your post!!
HUGS XO

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.