Friday, December 30, 2011

Half Full Friday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)
~I'm happy because...
I had a nice Christmas this past weekend!

My mom bought me a pretty necklace on Wednesday!  

The weather wasn't bitter cold yesterday so the chi's and I took a walk!

I realized yesterday that I was actually excited to get back to school and start the new semester!

I got some new followers this week!  Welcome!

I have more entrants than expected for my first giveaway!  
*****
If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, make sure you check out the link above.  You get your choice of two different prizes.  It ends soon so don't miss out!  I've tried to keep the rules easy peasy.  All you have to do to enter is follow me publicly (so I can verify) and tell me which prize you'd prefer in the comments.  And I even give you ways for additional entries!
*****
Any fun and exciting plans for New Years?  I'll be spending it with my mom.  I didn't want her to be it alone or feel lonely.  My father used to go to bed around 10 or 10:30 but at least he was there.  And this year he's not.  I don't know, I just want to be there for her.  All the major holidays are hard the first year after a death and hopefully by my spending time with her, it'll be a little easier on her.  I miss my dad but my mom spent almost 24/7 with him.

You know, in years past, I was always ready to see the new year in and always said that I'd hoped the new year would be better.  But 2011 wasn't so bad!  It definitely had it's bad moments -- losing my dad and spending the vast majority of my small savings to fix the car would be right up there! -- but for the most part, it was one of my better years.  I felt much more at peace with myself and happier than I have for a long time.  I just hope that it continues on into 2012.  I'm excited to see what the new year will bring!
Cheers!

19 showed me some love:

Finn said...

We hope you have a wonderful 2012 as well! And hope your necklace is sparkly!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom says she would beat your Dad to bed. Even if it IS New Year's Eve, she will be in bed by 9:30 the latest - that's just what she does:)

We all hope that 2012 is an even better one for you.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

The Daily Pip said...

Cheers! Here's hoping 2012 is a great year for all.

Your pal, Pip

The Life of Riley said...

Wishing you all the best for 2012.

Melissa said...

Hoping 2012 is great for you (and everyone).

Cara said...

You are such a good daughter to spend NYE with your Mom...I am actually doing the same!

Happy New Year!

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a super week you had, your positivity is really paying off.
Have a fantastic 2012, I know it's going to be a good year for you!
Hugs, Lynne x

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Another very PAWSitive Post. I think it is wonderful that you are gonna be with your mom.

Happy Happy New Year!!! and to the Chi Boys too!!!

Deborah said...

Happy New Year! I hope you have the best year ever and a healthy one too!
xxoo
Deborah

jen said...

I am glad to hear that your year was good! I hope you have a great New Years!
We will be staying home playing board games and eating good food!!

Sagira said...

Wishing you a great 2012 as well my friend. :)

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR
May your New Year 2012 be blessed with peace, love and happiness. Sending our heartfelt wishes with joy that never ends.
Mango, Chubs, and Ximui

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, great list this week and I was really excited to pawticipate with you. Love your list. I bet your necklace is beautiful and your boys surely enjoyed a walkie. Enjoy your NYEve with your mom. Great way to spend the evening.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Scooter said...

WHEW! I'm back. I got your givaway added to my post and it's also on the BCCalendar now. Gosh, I'm so sorry I'm late getting the bark out. Can't wait to see your post about the event! :)
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Chelsea Finn said...

Aw this is a wonderful list of why you are happy. :) happy new years!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We see you turned off comments for today but we wanted to wish you the very best in 2012.

Wishes to all for 2012 to be happy, healthy, peaceful, and love-filled.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Piappies World said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess,Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

George The Lad said...

Happy New Year to you, hope this year brings all you wish for.
We got your Christmas Card, Thank you ;)and FG is still on his world tour
Love and hugs from across the pond George and Tess xxx

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am late to tell you Happy New Year...always like your list

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.