Friday, December 23, 2011

Half Full Friday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)
~I'm happy because...
I've had the entire week off from school and work!

My mom and I drove around to look at all the Christmas lights a couple of nights ago!

I've spent lots of quality time with the chi's!

Today is payday!  My last one until next semester.

I had an excellent time at the holiday party I went to last weekend!

I never thought it would happen but I officially have 100 followers now!
*****
I have 100 followers but not 100 readers.  That's ok, though!  I always told myself that if I ever reached 100, I'd host a giveaway.  Details on Monday so be sure to come back and look for that.  Hopefully at least one person will enter.  And then if no one else enters, you'd win by default.  So yeah, make sure ya enter!
*****
How is it possible that Christmas is just a few days away?  The year has flown by!  I always reflect on the year past, at this time.  It's been a year of change and a year of loss for me.  

I started school in January which has given me hope for the future.  I didn't really have any hope for a long time so I'm so glad I went back; it wasn't nearly as difficult as I made it out to be.  Just thinking about it seemed overwhelming, but it really wasn't!

I also got a job which was another big change.  The job sucks and pays very little but at least it's something.  A friend said to me earlier this year, "Doesn't your job make you appreciate your education so much more?"  And yes, it does!  Hopefully it'll guarantee I'll never have to work at a dead end job again!

The biggest changes were the losses I experienced.  First was my dad's ancient beagle.  Her name was Angel and I loved her as if she were my own.  I collect angels and always said the reason we got her is because I collect angels.  My parents always pointed out that she wasn't my dog though.  Didn't make her loss any easier to bear and I still miss her.

Two short months later, my dad was gone.  I feel his loss even more now at the holidays.  I still mostly just feel relief that he's gone - more for him than for me, but for me too because it was difficult to see him in that condition.  Simple things like decorating the tree remind me of his loss though and I miss him.

And then there's my betta fish, Red.  It's silly but I still miss that fish!  Had him for 3 years and miss him more than I ever thought you could ever miss a fish.  My mom buying me another one has helped but I still think of Red from time to time.   
*****
In the event that I don't get to stop by everyone's blogs before the big day -- Merry Christmas to you all!

17 showed me some love:

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, what a great week! Holiday lights, time off, payday. Very nice. It's always hard to lose loved ones. I hope it helps to know that I'm your furiend and you have lots of us in Blogville. I think one of my resolutions this year will be to pawticipate in your 1/2 Full Fridays! I always love reading your post and I really think I want to join you. Want some company?!? I'll be watching for your event too!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Melissa said...

Merry Christmas sprinkles. :) I hope it's a good one. And I'll definitely check back on Monday.

Sketching with Dogs said...

We are glad you had such a great week. You should have 100 followers for your WW photos alone, bol!
Hope you all have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy and peaceful New Year!
Love and Best wishes, Dip Bridge Elliot and Lynne x

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

CONGRATULATIONS... TRIPLE DIGIT FOLLOWERS!!

I want to wish YOU and all those you Love.. a Very Merry Christmas and or Happy Hanukkah .

Finn said...

Congratulations on number 100! And here is a toast to a hundred more! Have a wonderful weekend!

Marianne Pysh said...

Congratulations on your 100 followers! I remember when that happened to us! I was so thrilled!!

Zona said...

OMD - I cannot believe that horrible woman gave away his dog when he was away!!!!!!! That is absolutely AWFUL! :(

Sad wags,
Zona

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sounds like a pretty good week. We want to wish you a Merry Christmas and we hope 2012 is a very good one for you. Happy Holidays.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning and Mom

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

The holidays are tough when we miss our loved ones...nice for a payday, hope you like your job sometimes...Trust me, the followers do not read blogs....it is kinda a numbers games:) congrats to you anyways

The Life of Riley said...

Merry Christmas Sprinkles, and wishing 2012 will be a great year for you.

Zuzana said...

Dear sprinkles, what a wonderful post.;) Congratulations on your golden 100, I know what you mean, I have 20 solid readers at the most despite the hundreds of followers.;)
I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope the New Year will bring you all you wish for - I think you did pretty good this year and should be proud of yourself.;))
xoxo

Ruby said...

Merry Christmas Sprinkles! May the next year be so awesome for you and filled only with lovely moments! xoxo Ruby

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Sprinkles!!! Wishing you all the best, this holiday....

Your furrends,
Minna Krebs and Crew

Alien said...

Merry Christmas!

Yours,

Sweet William The Scot said...

Thanks for the ECard we found in our mail this morning. We would mail you our small calendar, but looked at the Card Exchange addresses and you were not on the list. Thanks for leaving the comment on the Comment A Thon. We just closed it and sent our $30 in to The Pittie Pack Fund.
Sweet William The Scot

Piappies World said...

Continue to enjoy your holiday week!

A blessed Christmas to you and your family, Sprinkles!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

Velvet Over Steel said...

I understand your ups and downs this past year. Esp. the losses. Sending you a big hug & blessings for the next year too!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas weekend!! XOXO

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.