Monday, June 4, 2012

Blogville Pitty Post Day

It's Corbin's birthday today!  He's celebrating by hosting Blogville Pitty Post Day.  The chi's and I are big fans of The Corbin, so we're playing along.  

I wasn't really sure how to start, so I did a little googling to research and found an excellent website - pitbulls.org!  It provides links to articles on history of the breed, training, diet, and also includes forums and groups.  My favorite article is called Why Pit Bulls Make Great Pets.  It clearly states that "99% of issues that arise with pit bulls have to do with owners who are idiots!"  Another article states that, "The frenzy against Pit Bulls is nothing but blind fear fueled by the human need to find a scapegoat.  There is not a single shred of proof that the American Pit Bull Terrier is a vicious, dangerous breed." 

The website is a wealth of pit bull info and I would recommend it to anyone looking to raise awareness of their gentle nature.  Another great website is Dog Breed Info.  It breaks the breed down into description, temperment, life expectancy, origin, etc. 

My neighbor has a beautiful pitty girl.  She's striped, kinda like a tiger.  I'll admit that I was a little afraid of her in the beginning.  She's been nothing but sweet and friendly though, always coming by to say hello when I see her.  I have no hestitation petting her and giving her loves.  She's most definitely changed my opinion and I can't imagine how anyone could ever be scared of her.  There's not a single vicious or dangerous bone in her body. 

Another reason I love her so much is that she changed my neighbor's views on pets.  He was telling me about an ex once, and how she used to play with her ferret.  He almost seemed annoyed it, saying pets are lower than humans and therefore, less important.  Now that he has Roxie, I think he realizes how wrong that statement is.  He adores her and takes her everywhere. 
*****
I need one more pawticipant for my Doggone Dog Swap.  If anyone's interested, please email me right away at glitter.sprinkles@gmail.com

10 showed me some love:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

My sister-in-law has a pittie, Mona, and she is the sweetest, most loving dog I've ever known (besides my 2, lol). I am in love with Mona!!

Sad thing is though, that when Lori takes Mona out for walks, they still get the look of fear from people.

MommyLisa said...

I had a pitbull/boxer mix who thought he was a lap dog - and my friend has a totally lovable pitt boy named Marley. Love!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

GRRRREAT Story about your Neighbor Pittie!! THAT is what we LOVE to hear.

PeeS... I just came home from the Post Office.. I mailed Dommy's Pressie... I sent you an email about it.. No Tracking # Allowed !!!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Pitbulls are such lovely, loving dogs. Hope Corbin has a good birthday with his family today!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, that website is perfect for the celebration today! We should never ever judge by appearance instead of by a pooch's character and spirit.

BOY I HOPE SOMEONE JUMPS IN TO JOIN THE DOGSWAP! COMMENTERS>>>IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY SIGNED UP...DO IT NOW! IT'S A TON OF FUN!

Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pitty Wanna Be

Corbin said...

We love PitBulls.org! The momma has one of their teeshirts to help people understand that we're really just snugglers! Thanks so much for this post, I love the story about your neighbor! Happy Pitty Post Day!
-Corbin

The Daily Pip said...

Great post! You are right, humans always need someone to blame or a scapegoat. Pitbulls are the latest target!

Your pal, Pip

Kristen said...

One of the most interesting classes I took in law school was an animal law class... definitely learned a lot about supposed "dangerous breeds." And yup. We also learned that 99.999% of the aggressive tendencies or "issues" with pitbulls, dobermans, etc can be directly related to stupid, moron owners. And yet the poor pups get the bad rap. Not fair.

kissa-bull said...

yay so pawsome of corbing eh? we love him too and thank you for joining in to be our voice

pibble toots
the pittie pack

Zuzana said...

I do know very little about pitbulls, or dogs in general, as I have never had a dog as a pet.;) But if I ever had a dog, I would like a Siberian Husky.;) It would fit our climate so well.;))But unfortunately husband is allergic to dogs, so it will have to be only cats for us.;))
Hope you are having a great week so far.;)
xoxo

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.