Friday, June 22, 2012

Half Full Friday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?
For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list on your own blog.  Thanks!)
~I'm happy because...
My mom brought over some super yummy cupcakes a few days ago!

I had fun window shopping earlier this week!

I'm going on the Garden Tour tomorrow!  We try to go every year.

I got a new follower!  Welcome!

My volunteer project is done!  We'll meet up to discuss what went well and what didn't, but for the most part, we're pretty much done until next year. 
*****
I apologize for not being around Blogville much lately.  I'm going through a very stressful situation right now and I try to keep this blog positive for the most part, so I've kept away.  I really missed everyone, and hopefully you missed me too.  At least a little bit!  I'll try to do better.

I start class on Monday.  It's a one week class from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.  Apparently, the class is broken down into three sections per day, so it's not just a straight 12 hour lecture.  It's about the history of the capital.  We're going to be taking a lot of field trips and doing activities and stuff.  The class description sounds like a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to it. 

With that being the case, I'm not sure how often I'll be around next week.  We supposedly have time in between sections of the class.  I'm bringing my laptop and hoping I can use some of that free time to catch up with everyone.  
***** 
It's almost June 30th, so if you haven't gotten your goodies shopped for and sent out, you only have 8 more days to get on that!  Don't forget that you'll need to email me and your partner your tracking number.  There are a few of you who aren't included in this rule, and you know who you are.  I haven't heard from most of you.  Remember too, if you accept a package but don't send one out, you'll be outed and blacklisted from joining in the future.

Last year, I posted links as they became available.  I was thinking this time I would post them all at once. 

7 showed me some love:

Finn said...

We are looking forward to our swap package!! I hope whatever it is you're going through passes quickly. I always look forward to your Friday posts, they are such a good idea to remain in the positive. Good luck in that class, it sounds fun! Have a good weekend.

Kristen said...

Love that your mom brought cupcakes :)
Have fun at the Garden tour and happy weekend!!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I have not heard from my X-Change buddy.. DOMMY butt his pressie WAS sent..On JUNE 4th.. I wanted him to know... so he could start watchin fur it to arrive. I have not had butt ONE email from him.. so far. I am SURE there won't be a problem.
Have fun at your new classes.

The Daily Pip said...

I love a good garden walk! Have fun and enjoy those cupcakes!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those cupcakes sound very nice to me, I am trying to stay on my diet:)
Have fun tomorrow at the Garden Tour.
Lynne x

Lorenza said...

Cupcakes! Sounds grrreat!
I hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Oh, I love window shopping too!

Sorry to hear that you're going through some stressful times! I can relate! And I do think of you, evem if we don't always get a chance to visit or comment! Hope that things will settle down for you soon -

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.