Friday, June 8, 2012

Half Full Friday!


Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list on your own blog.  Thanks!)

~I'm happy because...
I have a job interview this afternoon!

I went to Arts and Roses on Sunday!  We try to go every year.

We had an excellent meal at Applebees afterwards!

The storm wasn't as bad as the weatherman predicted!  My mom lost power for several hours; happy to say that I didn't. 

I got the ceremony script completed for my annual volunteer project!  I can't believe how close our big event is.
*****
This has been a pretty dull week overall.  I haven't done much other than attend a meeting and shop at the dollar store.  It's been kinda chilly so I've been staying in and cuddling the chi's.  They're loving it; me, not so much.  I love being able to spend so much time with them, don't get me wrong! 

You know how you always think that if you had a bunch of free time, you'd do all these things?  Yeah, not so much!  I have a list of shizz to do and have accomplished almost none of it.  Instead, I've been doing a lot of reading - blogs and books.  I've also watched a bunch of bad tv. 

After this last semester, I never thought I'd say this -- but I miss school!  I miss having a reason to get up in the morning and seeing friends every day.  I've been applying for jobs here and there, but not as much as I should.  I find myself coming up with reasons why certain jobs wouldn't work out.  I think it's because I was unemployed for a very long time, facing rejection after rejection.  The longer you're unemployed, the more potential employers question you and what you've been doing all that time.  I just don't want to face that all over again. 

Next week will be busier as I'll have the volunteer project to prepare for.  The big event happens once a year, and Friday will be the culmination of it everything we've worked for.  I feel bad because I've done almost nothing up to this point.  I'm looking forward to the big event and then not having to worry about it again until next year. 

8 showed me some love:

Finn said...

Good luck this afternoon! You can always talk about the volunteer projects during your interview too. Have a good weekend and I hope it gets warmer by you!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Good luck with your job interview and your volunteer project!
There are never enough hours in the day for me!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Melissa said...

Good luck with the job interview!

Hope you have a great weekend and the weather is good (it's been raining a lot here lately).

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Trying to say THAT 87 times would NOT be boring!

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

We has all had seasons like you mention here... I think often free time turns into where did it go time, but we all need time to just be.

Lorenza said...

I hope your interview went well!
Happy weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jenny Woolf said...

Good luck with the interview - let us know how it went!

Zuzana said...

Sorry, am a bit later catching up on your posts.;) I am not sure I understand this right - are you done with school?
Oh, I remember Applebees. I used to get a great drink there, I think it was called Yellow Bird.;) And there was also Blue Hawaii.;)
xoxo

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.