Friday, April 9, 2010

Half-Full Friday and Blog of the Week

I can't believe it's Friday already!  Where did the week go?  There's no better way to welcome the weekend ahead  than to remind ourselves of all the things we're thankful for from the week past.  As always, if you'd like to join in the fun, head over to Eyegirl's and introduce yourself to Mr. Linky!
I'm happy I had a wonderful dinner at my parent's house this past Sunday!

I'm happy I got 2 chocolate bunnies for Easter this year!

I'm happy I got regular and chocolate covered Peeps in my Easter basket!  I realize I'm in the minority here but I do love me some Peeps!

I'm happy that I won Fiesty Three's giveaway!

I'm happy the sun came out for a couple of days this week!

I'm happy I colored my hair again on Wednesday!  Haven't done that in a long time.

I'm happy I got all my housecleaning done so I won't have to worry about it over the weekend!

Before we get to this week's Blog of the Week, can I just say that I'm really not morbid?  But as I mentioned before, I enjoy reading celebrity gossip and this website allows me to do just that!


This website is run by Scott Michaels.  If I remember correctly, someone on another blog used one of his pictures and linked the source back to this website and that's how I found it.  I'm not sure how long it's been existence but I'm pretty sure I've been reading it on and off for about 3 years now. 

This site is all about celebrity deaths.  What I like about it is that it isn't written in tabloid style, it's written from as much first-hand knowledge as possible and includes several pictures per post.  Most of the stories are written by Scott with a few here and there by other writers who Scott gives credit to. 

Each segment details the accounts of the days before the person's death, the reason for death if it's known, information about where they're buried and in most cases, pictures of the headstone and death certificate.  Scott has a thing for mailboxes so there's usually pictures of that as well.  Sometimes there's gory pictures too but he always makes sure to warn you so you're prepared for it when you open the link.

A lot of times after information is posted, people email Scott with additional information which is added at a later date.  I choose to believe that the site is fairly accurate with most of it's details as friends and family who have sent in updates have commented that what's been written is correct.

Find a Death isn't updated with any particular regularity.  I think a lot of it depends upon how many celebrities have passed away recently and how busy Scott is.  He also runs the Dearly Departed Tours in L.A. which provides tours of areas where various celebrities have died.  I don't know of anyone who has gone on this tour.  I've kind of wondered if I would go if I were in the area and I'm not sure if I would or not.  The tour was featured on an episode of The Girls Next Door according to the website.  I don't watch that show regularly but am disappointed I missed that particular episode.

If you can't get enough of the website, there's a Message Board and they're on Facebook and Twitter as well.  If that's still not enough and you feel like you need to share your love of Find a Death with the world, you can send in a self-addressed, stamped envelope for a free bumper sticker!   (And for anyone wondering -- no, I don't have one!)

10 showed me some love:

Anonymous said...

I love peeps!!! They are the best. I didn't get any this year. :( I kept meaning to, but never did.

Martine said...

Candy wants to tell the pups sorry... maybe next date night?

xo martine

Melissa said...

I love the peanut butter reese eggs... *drool*..

Unknown said...

Oh, it's great when the house-cleaning is done and you've got the whole weekend ahead of you, isn't it?! I just spent the whole morning cleaning today (Sat) - so don't have quite the whole weekend but it's still nice to have it out of the way! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Zuzana said...

I so enjoy your Friday posts.;) I too coloured my hair this past week.,)
Here it is sunny today and I am enjoying the sun while typing this.
I really think the blog you feature today is very intriguing. I do no find it morbid at all. Death, just much as life is an important subject that we often think about and therefore find fascinating, as it is such a grave issue.
I hope you have a lovely weekend dear friend and that the sun will shine on you,
xo
Zuzana

Maxmom said...

Sending lotsaluv to you! We are thankful for you too! Lets hope that this coming week opens up a lots of doors for you! You are such a wonderfully positive person!
MAXMOM IN SA

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

We're so glad that our award cheered you up!! It should be in the mail this coming week!!

Have a pawsome weekend!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Juliana said...

Congrats on your win. I will have to check out Scott's site!

Life With Dogs said...

It's actually an interesting read. The tabloids muck everything up, it's nice to get the straight scoop...

Anonymous said...

You aren't boring, and I'd love if if you wanted to do a guest post!! Let me know if you change your mind.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.