Monday, April 19, 2010

You Asked, I Answer

This week is starting out promising.  I just got a call a little bit ago to set up an interview for tomorrow!  The company doesn't pay well but at least it's something! 

The weather is beautiful outside too!  I wore my first summer dress of the year yesterday and couldn't stop smiling.  I adore my summer dresses and summer shoe collection so it was beyond thrilling to be able to wear them again.  It's supposed to get cold again later in the week so I'm just soaking up all I can until then.

Last week I did a post asking my readers to ask me questions.  And you did!  I know you've been waiting with anticipation for my answers so here you go...

One of my favorite bloggers, KS, wants to know:  What do you do for a living?
At the moment I'm unemployed and looking for anything I can.  My career in the past 10 years has been in banking.  I started out as a teller, then worked in a call center for the same bank and from there I moved to the commercial loans department.  I quit that company and went to work as a mortgage loan processor for the company I got fired from.  I'm actually glad I don't work for that company anymore for a LOT of different reasons, I just wish that I left of my own accord rather than getting fired.  I've never been fired before and it's a pretty humbling experience that I hope never to repeat again!

What's one food you couldn't live without?

This is a hard one!  I'm a hardcore junkfood junkie!!!  If it isn't good for you, then that's what I want to eat!  I'm gonna go with chocolate.  I heart chocolate and am of the firm belief that you can never have too much.

Velvet Over Steel says:  Who's your company?  Anyone interesting?

My company never showed.  It wasn't anyone interesting really, I was just referring to the mechanic.  I thought it sounded better to say I was expecting company rather than I was expecting the mechanic.  LOL  He came the next day though.  And one of my friends stopped by the next day too.

The lovely Zuzana asks:  How old are you?  I have been trying to figure this out for some time.
I don't like to give my age.  Because of this, my co-workers at my last job did anything and everything they could to figure it out even though I told them it was none of their business and I'd appreciate if they'd just respect my privacy.  I've surmised that you and I are about the same age only I think you're maybe a little older than me.

Max's question is:  Why do you refer to yourself as Wyldechylde?
Actually, I refer to myself as sprinkles!  I'm not sure why I decided to call the blog Wyldechylde.  I remember my mom calling me that when I was a little kid.  It wasn't a nickname or anything, I just remember her calling me that now and again.  I probably was a little wild.  I didn't like to be told what to do and to this day, I still talk back to my parents.  I got smacked, spanked, grounded, had priviledges and things taken away, etc. and it never stopped me.  So while I'm not sure how I decided on the name, I do know how I came up with the spelling!  I used to be really into local, unsigned bands.  I mean, really into them!  I still am a little bit but not to the extent that I was.  I collected flyers for awhile and somewhere along the line, I remembered seeing the name.  I thought it was kind of cool so when I decided on the blog name, I just stole the spelling.

What would you like to do that you have never done before?
This is an easy one!  I tried to go skydiving around my birthday but it didn't work out.  The weather was too nasty and the clouds prevented the plane from being able to get up high enough to jump.  I'm determined that it's gonna happen one day though!!!!!

And finally, the lovely Mrs. Lovely asks:  What is your shoe size?
I have baby feets and I hate it!  I wear a size 5.  Most size 5's are geared towards children still so it's very difficult to find adult looking shoes.  And next to impossible to find heels!  My feet tend to be on the smaller side of 5's so I always have to try shoes on before buying them.  Sometimes 5's are too big.  The only places I shop for shoes is Payless and KMart.  Everywhere else seems to be pretty useless.  If I go into a professional shoe store or somewhere where there's someone to help you try on shoes, I just get frustrated and mad because they never have what I want and instead of just telling me that straight up, they show me anything and everything but what I've asked for and even though they've measured my foot, the shoes they bring me never seem to fit.

Is there anywhere you'd love to travel to?
I went to Hollywood a bazillion years ago and absolutely loved it!!!  I didn't have dreams of becoming a big star or anything but I loved that the stores were open late and there always seemed to be things to do.  It was very unlike my small town.  I wouldn't mind going there again.  I also really love Seattle.  I've been there twice and wish I could spend more time there.  From there, we went over the border into Canada.  The first time we went was like 3 in the morning and not suprisingly, it was pretty dead!  We went back to the hotel, caught some Z's and went back later in the day and really enjoyed ourselves.  The people there were all so friendly!  I'd like to go back there again and spend a few more days there too.  The traffic was awful though.  I'd also like to take a tour of Europe someday.  I've seen to a lot of Europe already from when I was a child but there's lots of places I've never experienced that I would like to.

What is the one thing you absolutely cannot live without?
There's actually two things I cannot live without!  The first one is my parents.  I feel like they're really my only family and they are what keep me here.  I don't know any of my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. and haven't seen them in many, many years.  If I ran into any of them on the street, I wouldn't recognize them.  My father was in the military so we moved around quite a bit and never lived near any of my parents families.  I have two older brothers.  One I have no contact with which suits me just fine (long story!) and the other one I only have intermittent contact with by his choice.  He and I were close when we were growing up but once he moved out on his own, he apparently decided he was truly on his own and we've rarely heard from him since. 

The other thing I absolutely cannot live without is my pets.  I'd never lived by myself before I bought my house.  I'd always had roommates or lived with my parents.  Living by myself was very lonely at first and took some getting used to.  My pets helped me get through that difficult transitioning period and I can't imagine my life without having some kind of pet.  I currently have two chihuahuas and a betta fish and I love them more than life itself!  If I end up homeless, they'll be living in my car with me!  I'm not sure how that would work out with the fish but I'll figure it out.  LOL

So there you have it!  Maybe I'll do this again sometime in the future. 

Look for details next week on my 2nd Annual Dog Swap!

9 showed me some love:

Melissa said...

This was great! I loved learning more about you. And you do have small feet, they're literally less than half my size! lol I wear a 10.5 or an 11! I have big feet and it's about as big of a pain to find shoes as you have I think. I have a hard time because it seems like everything is a size 7 or 8!

Kristen said...

Love this so much!!!
My dad was in banking for years and years (he's a CPA) but now he's in in commercial real estate. You never know where life will take you...
And size 5?!?!?! Oh my... I wish I had small adorable feet. I wear anywhere from a 9 to a 10. I look like I have boats strapped to my ankles.

And congrats on the interview.... good luck! And soaking up the sun... love it. I too love sundresses and am anxious now for the days when I can wear them consistently... Happy Monday dear friend!

Cocorue said...

hey Sprinkles,
don't hate your feet! mumster is also a size 5, i think and it's Not difficult buying shoes in that size....you just have to be faster than others bol!!!

i guess being 5'4" with size 5 shoe size is fine??? be happy and the world around you will Smile with you Bol......

have a nice week Sprinkles and good luck with the interview

koko said...

We really enjoy the post... always good to know a little bit more about sprinkles :)... my hooman is in the banking industry too, whatever... can't wait for the next Q&A installment.

Licks, hero

Life With Dogs said...

Ok, so...how old are you? ;)

I'm not really that nosy I swear! BTW, good luck with the interview!

Anonymous said...

It was great learning more about you! Apparently I fit in with your readers because I wear a size 9 or 10, too!

I still need guest bloggers for my up coming trip, I'd love it if you changed your mind and wrote a post for me. You aren't boring!! I'd love to hear about your favorite place!

Zuzana said...

This was absolutely entertaining read! I loved it; even the story behind the name of your blog.
And in regards to your feet, that is just so cute. You are a Cinderella!
Sorry about my personal question and I so understand that your age is your business.;) But at least now I have the ballpark.;)
Have a great day dear sprinkles!
xo

Sketching with Dogs said...

Now we know you a bit better - apart from your age which I am deducing is somewhere between 3 and 108, lol!
I am also 5ft 4" and take size 5 shoes (sometimes 4.5 depending on the fit).
The very best of luck with your interview.
Lynne

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

I really enjoyed this post! It was nice to get to know you a little bit better. :)

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.