Friday, August 13, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

Eyegirl is on hiatus for the month of August but I've decided to continue with Half Full Friday in her absence because I like having a written record of all the positives in my life.  It really helps to look back on them when I'm down.
~I'm happy because...

I colored my hair!

I got an award from George!  I'll be posting it on Monday.

My chi's are the lucky recipients of Draco's Paw It Forward!

My volunteer job is fun!

I had fun with friends this past weekend!

I got to wish upon a shooting star last night!

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and advice to my post on Monday.  I really do appreciate it.  I kind of felt bad afterwards though.  I just needed to vent, I really wasn't looking for sympathy although it probably seemed like I was. 

I still haven't heard anything back about financial aid for the 4 year university.  I've decided that's really the direction I want to go rather than the 2 year school.  Once I hear whether or not I've been accepted, I'm going to start applying for scholarships for additional financial aid.  Right now, they're just waiting on my high school transcripts and once they receive them, they'll let me know if I 've been accepted or not.  I've requested my transcripts already, just waiting for them to be sent and received.

This week's Blog of the Week is a fun one!  It's a relatively new website, just a week or two old.  The author has chosen to remain anonymous.  It's similar to Awkward Family Photos and People of Walmart so if you enjoyed those websites, you'll enjoy this one too!


The main difference between this site and AFP and POW is that many of the pictures are submitted by the readers themselves and several of them include personal anecdotes to go along with it.  The website describes itself as "Everything awkward about adolescence memorialized on the internet for the world to see."  If you're brave enough to send your picture in, there's a place on the site to submit it.

Some of the pictures really aren't that bad.  Then there's others that you can't help but laugh at or wonder what the heck they must've been thinking.  Sadly, there's too many pictures featuring my beloved 80's styles.

I've added a few of my favorites here for your viewing pleasure.
Source:  BYP

8 showed me some love:

Deborah said...

The pictures are a riot! Cute kids!! I'm sure my high school pictures are pretty bad too!
xxoo
Deborah

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Congrats on your award too...you is so derserving of it! My mom LUVS Awkward Family Photos and People of Walmart so she is gonna check out the yearbooks one too!

Woofs and Licks,
MAggie Mae

Olive said...

Oh I am checking that out now.. we love POW!

Have a great weekend..

Tail Wags from Olive

jen said...

Funny pictures!!

Have a great weekend:)

George The Lad said...

OMG I've been having a look at them links, I can under stand why mom don't like having her photo took!
I'll be back Monday to see what your 7 things are and maybe follow some new blogs
See Yea george xxx
Oh mom says thanks, hope you know what that means ;)

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

You always find the BEST websites! This one is pretty dam funny!

I really didn't get the feeling that you were looking for sympathy, so don't even think that. Everyone needs a chance to vent once in a while, and by sharing a bad situation one is in helps to get different view points and advice! I really hope and pray that your situation will turn around for the better for you.

Hugs, Nadine

Life With Dogs said...

I always fear that when I visit one of these new sites I'm going to find myself! :)

Unknown said...

Oh God, high school yearbook photos....

...that was when I first discovered make-up and decided to wear all of it all the time...EEEK! Not a good look! :-)

Good luck with the scholarship application!

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.