Friday, August 27, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

It's Friday which means it's once again time for Half Full Friday, my favorite day of the week, where I once again get to reminisce about all the things that made me happy in the past week. Eyegirl has returned from her wonderful wedding adventures but won't begin posting again until next week. However, if you want to join in the fun  (and I can tell that you really, really do!), please feel free to play along!

~I'm happy because...

I made a little extra gas money from my yard sale!

I got a card from Katie!

I got a postcard from Melly!

Chico's nails are finally all clipped! It was a struggle but we got it done.

I got to pet sit my mom's bird and fish again!  The fish isn't nearly as much fun but the bird is always entertaining.

We finally some got rain yesterday!  It's been a long time since we've really had much and last night, we got a real downpour.

My friend took me out to dinner to cheer me up!

Pretty much nothing has happened this week so get's right into this week's Blog of the Week.  I originally had another blog in mind for today but decided to use this one at the last minute instead.

Pray for Summer </P>
<P></P>
<P>Summer's Story
Summer suffers from  Dermatamyositis/RA/Lupus (Auto-Immune Disease) Multiple Connective Tissue Disease.  You may be asking yourselves what this is.  I've taken the definition directly from her blog.
Definiton of (DM) Dermatomyositis:  A chronic inflammatory disease of skin and muscle which is associated with patches of slightly raised reddish or scaly rash. The rash can be on the bridge of the nose, around the eyes, or on sun-exposed areas of the neck and chest. Classically, however, it is over the knuckles. When the characteristic inflammation of the muscle (myositis) occurs without skin disease, the condition is referred to as polymyositis.
Dermatomyositis is one of a group of acquired muscle diseases called inflammatory myopathies. The disease has a subacute (somewhat short and relatively severe) onset. It affects both children and adults. Females are more often affected than males. Dermatomyositis is characterized by a rash accompanying, or more often, preceding muscle weakness. The most common symptom is muscle weakness, usually affecting those muscles that are closest to the trunk of the body (proximal). Eventually, patients have difficulty rising from a sitting position, climbing stairs, lifting objects, or reaching overhead. In some cases, distal muscles (those not close to the trunk of the body) may be affected later in the course of the disease. Trouble with swallowing (dysphagia) may occur. Occasionally, the muscles ache and are tender to touch. Some patients develop hardened bumps of calcium deposits under the skin. Patients may also feel fatigue and discomfort and have weight loss or a low-grade fever.
If you want to read her story from the beginning, start here.  She talks about her tragic miscarriages, the birth of her beautiful daughter Kelcee, and the diagnosis of DM shortly after, in this post.

I love her amazing, positive attitude!  She refuses to let herself get down and depressed.  She knows she's just lucky to be alive (as we all are!) and absolutely will not let this disease to get the best of her.

9 showed me some love:

The Daily Pip said...

I always enjoy your Friday posts! I am going to check out that blog - she sounds pretty amazing!!!

I love garage sales! We are thinking of having one soon!

Your pal, Pip

Zuzana said...

Dear sprinkles, I am back! Thank you for your lovely comments, I have missed you and your lovely blog. I wonder how you are? I will now try to catch up; there is so many places to visit...
What a sad story you mention here, I know a bit about that condition as we have been doing some related research in the past.
Always love your uplifting Friday posts.;) Hope you have a splendid weekend dear friend,
xoxox

Melissa said...

Yay, I'm glad I made your Half-Full Friday!

Deborah said...

Hey there! Don't you just love people with positive energy! They make me so happy!!
Have a nice weekend!
xxoo
Deborah

the booker man said...

miss sprinkles,
chico and my big sis asa are like two peas in a pod with the nail trimmin'. asa will just squirm 'n squirm, and it take like 50 gazilion hours! but, see, i know that if i just hold still and let mama clip clip, it will be done reaaally fast like, and then i can get my spoon of PB for my reward! teehee. :)
mama says to tell you she totally digs pickin' up some spare green papers from garage sales or stuff like that. she and daddy have a HOOGE box in the garage that they put aluminum cans in for recyclin'. the box is aaaaalmost full, and mama's startin' to get excited about turning in the cans for a little bit of spending money!
maybe she'll buy me and asa a cookie! teehee. :)
miss summer has the right attitude. it's amazing that a lady who has suffered from a lot can have such a positive outlook on life. we can all learn from her example.
*woof*
the booker man

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, that is a nice list of things to feel happy about...glad you made a little money at your yard sale - I wondered about that. I sure hope everything will work out for you with school and keeping the house. I think about you a lot.

Love,
Doris and Gizzy :-)

Velvet Over Steel said...

You find the most inspirational blogs that always make us feel extremely lucky to be aline in deed.

Great Happy list again too! Your mom's bird sounds a lot more exciting than my son's. Oh and he has fish too, which my oldest son was 'thrilled' to watch when we went to Chicago. lol

I'll have to remember to go over to Eye Girl again next week. Thanks for letting us know. :-)

Have a Wonderful, wonderful week!!
Hugs,
Coreen

Life With Dogs said...

That was a glass 3/4 full post at a minimum. It's nice to see things looking up. :)

Sketching with Dogs said...

I'm so glad you had a good week and made some money.
Summer is so brave and positive, good for her!
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.