Friday, August 20, 2010

Half Full Friday and Blog of the Week

Eyegirl is on hiatus for the month of August but I've decided to continue with Half Full Friday in her absence.
~I'm happy because...

I got another McDonald's Wild Berry Fruit Smoothie yesterday!  Love 'em!

My boys got tons of goodies from Draco's Paw It Forward!

My mom gave me some of her yummy homemade fruit salad to take home!

I'm having a garage sale with some friends tomorrow!  Hopefully I'll make a little extra money.

A different friend invited me over for chicken tacos and to watch 'When In Rome' last night!

My bug bite seems to finally stopped itching every 2 minutes!  Now it only itches every 10, lol!

My chin zit is finally healing up!

I found this week's Blog of the Week awhile ago and have been enjoying it ever since.  I believe I read about it in the comment section of someone else's blog.  The name itself was enough to intrigue me so I just knew I had to take a look.


You don't have to be a parent to enjoy this website.  The subject matter is pretty self-explanatory and if you haven't checked it out yet, you're in for a real treat!  The site describes itself as, "The strongest visual birth control on the market today," and honestly, it's probably not too far off the mark.

It features pictures people have submitted of things their children have destroyed and most include a short explanation.  There's a spot on the site to submit your own photos too if you decide to.  It's meant to be all in fun and they specifically state in the sidebar that people who are mean, judgmental or there to offer a parenting critique are not welcome. 

The website originator is Julie Haas Brophy.  She created it after her son spilled a quart of black paint on the dining room rug. 

I've included a few of my favorite pictures for your viewing pleasure.
You might also enjoy the equally funny Shit My Pets Ruined.

17 showed me some love:

George The Lad said...

I've just put those two blogs in my favorites, it makes George look an angel!!Thanks for the links.
Jan

Martine said...

I hope to never need to post on this site!!!!

Kristen said...

I LOVE those Berry Smoothies from Mc'Ds!! Yummm!!

And I so wish I was already done with school- only a few more months though. The last year of law school, in my opinion, is pretty useless. Especially if you've been out working, which I have been...

And YOU WILL find a job. The economy is awful. A lot of my friends who have lost their job have had to take random jobs (one's even working at a grocery store) just so they can be working. And a good friend of mine has been unemployed for over a year and she's fabulous and super qualified to do just about anything.... I can't imagine how frustrated you must be but don't ever stop believing that you're amazing. Because you are. And you will find the right opportunity... and in the meantime, we'll be here (at least viz blogs) to keep cheering you on :)

Happy weekend my friend!!

Summer said...

Hey girlie,
Thanks for all your sweet notes and support, makes me smile when I read them :0)

I haven't tried the Mickey D's Smoothie yet but it is on my list for tommorrow morning's breakfast run :0) Thanks for the heads up

You will find a job sweet girl, I will pray you do soon, the economy stinks at the moment....

xoxo
Summer :0)

Deborah said...

Oh My, what did the kids do!
I really have to try one your favorite drinks....that is the second I read you that liked them and I'm getting one tomorrow! lol
xxoo
Deborah

Sketching with Dogs said...

I wish I had got pictures of all the things my kids ruined when they were little, I could start my own website, lol!
Lynne

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

What Funny Pictures! Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Velvet Over Steel said...

Another Great list of things to be happy for. I esp. love that you mention your 'boys' every week. :-)

I have to go check our that site you recommended. Although I check them all out when I have time. :-)

Those pictures are so funny... and scary. lol

Hope your garage sale went well and you had fun! :-)
HUGS,
Coreen

Melissa said...

I have been to that site before actually, hha.. it's horrifying!

And I checked, no fruit smoothies at the McDonald's in Canada. Boo! Glad you like them though. :)

Sasha said...

So glad you love the smoothies! I do too!

♥ Sallie said...

Oh! I'll go check out those sites.

Love the positive attitude! :)

koko said...

Thanks for sharing the sites, interesting and fun read!

Licks, hero

the booker man said...

mama's got 50 gazillion itchy bug bites, too!!
thanks for linkin' those 2 bloggies cuz they are making me look goooood! teeheehee!
*woof*
the booker man

Life With Dogs said...

Thanks for sharing that sire - you just made me twice as happy that I don't have kids!! :)

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Thanks so much for stopping by so often and showing your concern for Shelby. We are really concerned about how the pups are since she has taken so much medication.

Guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Sarah, Mona's Mom

Doris Sturm said...

I had one of those wild berry smoothies before and I really enjoyed it too...

I'm glad you're keeping positive. I hope you did well at your Yard Sale. I was hoping you made some significant cash towards the cause (school, house)....

Stay well and keep your humor!
Love,
Doris and Gizzy :-)

MommyLisa said...

you pick the stuff where there is a choice. but the winner gets everything.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.