Friday, September 23, 2011

Half Full Friday!

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half fullinstead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)

~I'm happy because...
I saw Our Idiot Brother last night!

I'm probably going to see The Help this weekend!

I've gotten good grades so far this semester!  And my partner and I got extra credit for answering all the questions correctly on an in class assignment for Communication.

I got around to visiting almost all of you this weekend!

I won another one of Katie's giveaways!  And even better, she still let me have the prize even though I was waaaaaaaaay overdue in getting her my info.

I played hooky yesterday and spent the day with my boys!  No school or work but I did have some things to take care of.  Oh well, they can wait!
*****
I was supposed to post this on Wednesday for Summer but totally forgot.  Oops, sorry Sums!  September 21, 2011, was National Myositis Awareness Day.  Summer suffers from Dermomyositis.
She asked everyone to post this on Wednesday to raise awareness.  We had the sweetest email exchanges (that I saved) on the day of my dad's services and she helped me feel better so I knew I had to do this for her.  If you'd like more information on this horrible disease, please check the website listed on the ribbon.  And then go visit Summer and say hello!

12 showed me some love:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

And how was "Our Idiot Brother?" The previews look to be funny, but you know how sometimes they show all of the funniest moments in the movie in the previews!!

And yay for you for getting good grades so far this semester!

Finn said...

great news about the grades and we hope you enjoy the movie. I read the book and really enjoyed it! Have a great weekend!

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, congrats on the good grades and extra credit! Woohooo. Playing hooky sounds like a ton of fun...is it like playing fetch?!?
BWAR HAR HAR
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats on your grades - keep up the great work.

You will LOVE The Help - it was fabulous.

The Daily Pip said...

My mom played hookie a couple of days this week, too. Always fun to have her home!

Your pal, Pip

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I love YOUR list.
HERE is MINE:
I got to meet some of my FURENDS... in the Furs
I am havin company fur dinner tonight and there will be TWO little two leggers here.
YESTERDAY I got to play outside ALL DAY.. in the WARM BRIGHT SUNSHINE.

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Mom saw da Help and her loved it! YaY for your good grades. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Unknown said...

I'm finally here! My human is helping me do this comment using her new software that types for her as she speaks, so she can rest her arms from her RSI – it's not bad,huh? But it does still make mistakes and my human has to keep stopping to correct it so it's a bit annoying and very slow – it takes us double the time to do the same thing! So please excuse any funny words or spellings in my comment!

Congratulations on your good grades and also on winning the giveaway! :-) And nice to have a bit of a break – even if it was a naughty one – from school!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

booahboo said...

I play hookey on some days... don't tell anyone.. *shhhhh*

congrats on your good grades.. keep it up.. and its always great to spend time with loved ones!

Zuzana said...

Congratulation on your good grades.;))
And have a lovely Monday.;))
xoxo

Velvet Over Steel said...

Hi sweet Sprinkles! Sorry I wasn't able to do a Friday post. Computer issues and rough week of interviews. :-P. Sorry your brother isn't nicer. Just don't take his negative attitude or comments to heart. It's his problems and loss of having a better relationship with is Awesome sister!!

Glad school is going well and all the other wonderful positive things in your week and life!!

Have a Beautiful week!!
Big Hug,
Coreen XO

Unknown said...

congrats on the grades!! I need to go and enter some of katies giveaways again!

Please make sure to bookmark our new address we have moved:
http://houndgirl.com/

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.