Friday, September 30, 2011

Half Full Friday!


Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty; I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  Be sure to link up here once you've posted your list!  (This isn't a blog hop so please only link up if you've participated by posting your happy list.  Thanks!)
~I'm happy because...
I'm feeling considerably better!

Today is payday! 

Today is my short day at work!

Because I was feeling bad on Wednesday, I spent the evening at home with my boys so I got to spend part of their birthday with them after all!  I usually visit my mom on Wednesday evenings.

I got an 84% on my Anthropology Exam!  It brought my grade down from an A to a B but I'm ok with that - there's still time to bring it back up.

I found 2 more people for my Government study group!  We each cover one chapter and share notes from the texbook and lectures with one another.
*****
Sadly, my betta fish passed away yesterday.  He seemed fine when I went to bed Wednesday night but was dead by morning.  I know it sounds kind of ridiculous but I miss him!  I had him for 3 years and 3 months.  I lit a candle for him yesterday.
***Note:  this is not my fish!
*****
I thought I just had allergies and the beginnings of a sinus infection but Tuesday night I realized I had a fever which lasted through Wednesday and finally broke on Thursday.  Maybe it was just a cold.  Still have a stuffy head but I'm feeling considerably better now and slept a good portion of yesterday. I didn't miss any classes or work even though I wasn't feeling great so I'm sure my body needed the extra rest.  My boys were very sweet, they curled up with me all day.

14 showed me some love:

jen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!
So sorry to hear about your fish. I miss mt fish when the die to, especially this HUGE algae eater that we had for 4 years, he was cool!

Finn said...

Sorry about your fish! We have fish too and I can relate. Glad the boys got to spend some time with you on their birthday!

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, sorry to hear about your fishy. Maybe getting another one to love will help you feel better. Sorry too about your sickies! I'm sure your boys are helping you stay warm and snuggled. We pups are great for that!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Adien Crafts said...

Glad you're feeling better, plenty of rest and cuddles for you madam ;-) Well done on your exam results, that's brilliant, glad to hear things seem to be going well for you, long may it continue.Take care and have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing :-) xxxxx

Unknown said...

sorry about your fish. I always love paydays!!

The Daily Pip said...

I am glad you are feeling better. My mom's allergies have been super bad lately, too. I am sorry about your fish. We have two bettas, too.

Your pal, Pip

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Sorry to hear about your fish... I think that is a pretty long time fur them to live.
Good that you found another member fur you group. Divide and ... hehehe
Glad that you are feeling better.

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your fish. :(

Glad you're feeling better and happy Friday. :)

AndreaLeigh said...

great job on your school work! and i love pay days!

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Sorry I've missed Half Full Friday the last couple weeks. Fridays have been busy! Sorry for your loss, and that you've been sick!

Velvet Over Steel said...

Sorry about your fish... I actually do understand as my boys each had several pets including fish, ferrets, cats, dogs, birds, mice, monkey something of other mini type of fish (in which the son that owns them cried when they died because I left the window open one night.) We felt awful with each and every pet.. no matter how big or small.

Very glad that you are feeling better and hope you're still resting this weekend!! :-)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You have a lot to be thankful for such as a payday, good grades and the boys! Sorry about the fish, I have had many pass away too. I wonder if they live a long life?

NailPolishTime said...

Yay for payday and I am sorry about your fish. :(

Zuzana said...

Dear sprinkles, it is Monday already, sorry for visiting so late, have been busy here.;))
Yes, it was pay day here too and I truly needed it.;)
You seem to be really doing well in school.:)) Hope you are feeling better today and that you had a great weekend.;)
Happy Monday dear friend,
xoxo

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.