Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

I've officially had my beta fish for two years as of today!  Yes, I realize that no one but me cares about that but it's my blog so I'm gonna post about it anyways!
Source:  bing
I wasn't even gonna try and get a picture of my fishy, he's an active guy at times and somehow, I just don't think he'd be very cooperative.  Shortly after I got him, his long, flowing tail came off.  I'm not sure what happened; it was there one day and gone the next!  Totally freaked me out but it didn't seem to phase him  and it eventually grew back.

I'd had another blue fish before him named Midnight and somehow, I'd forgotten his name the last six or so months of his life.  I didn't remember it again until he passed.  So...  I eventually got another fish after probably nine months or so and to avoid the same situation happening again, I called him Red.  Because he's red.  Yes, I am oh so original! 

My other beta's have never lived much past 2 to 2 1/2 years so I suspect that Red won't be around for too much longer.  I just wanted to take some time today to pay tribute to his special "gotcha" day.

7 showed me some love:

Katie S said...

That's a very long time!!

I could never keep fish for more than a month :) haha

Meg said...

Cute post, what a sweet little red Beta Fish...named "Red". I can't believe his tail fell off and came back. Do you find he is hard to take care of? I've seen friends with them before, but their tanks gets so icky.

I would get one, but my cats would definitely kill it. :(

He is beautiful though!

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

Velvet Over Steel said...

When Brandon was younger he had a Red beta too. His dad has red hair, so he named it 'Sid' after his dad. His brothers and I thought it was very funny!! Not sure what his dad thought. lol
One of the reason we blog, it so we can blog about absolutely anything we want to friend!! :-)
& I love all your post!!
Hugs,
Coreen

Melissa said...

That's quite a long time for a fish I think! I had a goldfish once named Hilda and she lived a week! haha

koko said...

My hoomans say they used to have beta fish too... red and blue ones, with long and short tails... and they fed them baby cockroaches and mosquito larvae.

Licks, hero

Meeko Fabulous said...

Hello! I got my stuff and I have my pictures. I just havne't had a moment. It's coming though. I'm probably gonna have to write it and set it to auto-publish. :)

Life With Dogs said...

I actually have had a few over the years. Now that the cat is here I kind of miss them...

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.