Monday, June 7, 2010

Just So You Know, I'm VERY Annoyed!!!

A friend called me early Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to go with her to a hair appointment in another town.  Tired of being holed up in the house day after day, I agreed to go.  True to form, she was almost a half hour late in picking me up.  Somehow, we still managed to make it to the appointment on time. 

Afterwards, she wanted to go to the mall.  When we first walked in, I saw some pretty sconces.  She asked why I didn't buy them.  I looked at her and asked her with what, I don't have a job so it's not like I can afford such luxuries.  She asked if I wanted her to buy them for me and I could consider it a very early birthday present.  I thanked her and told her no.  We walked around the rest of the mall and I had pretty much forgotten about the sconces. 

We were getting ready to leave the same way we came in and she noticed something she liked over by the sconces and decided to buy it.  I told her I needed to rest my hip as it was really starting to bother me and that I was going to sit on a bench and wait for her. 

She got done so we left the mall and had a nice lunch at Applebee's.  I'd had a gift certificate from my old employer so we didn't have to pay for our meal, just the tip.

Afterwards, she wanted to stop at a department store.  We looked around for awhile and I found the most adorable little candles shaped like miniature cupcakes!  They were on sale and I know I didn't need them but it's been awhile since I've bought myself anything beyond just the bare essentials so I opted to get them.    I was quite happy with my purchase and couldn't stop smiling at how cute they were!  Plus, they were cheaper than the sconces I'd admired earlier!

We left there and right next door was a store I had never been to.  My friend wanted to stop in and even though my hip was really bothering me quite a bit, I'd always wanted to go so I followed her in.  She was busy looking at full length mirrors for awhile so I wandered off around the corner.  And there, before my eyes, was a $10 digital camera!  It was $9.99, marked down from $19.99.  I hesitated briefly before realizing that I will likely never find another one for so little!  I kept going back and forth thinking of how I'd just bought the candles that I really couldn't afford and now here I am thinking of getting a digital camera!  But I took the plunge and purchased it. 

We went home after that and as my friend was dropping me off at the house, she told me that I left something in her car the last time I was with her.  I couldn't imagine what it was and told her I didn't think that was correct.  She was all, "Oh yeah you did!"  I took my time getting out of the front seat and in the mean time she had rushed around to the back seat.  She was fiddling around back there and I wasn't paying much attention to what she was doing.  She handed me a bag from a store we hadn't stopped at so I didn't even think anything of it.  I went inside and relaxed for a bit, waiting for my pain pill to kick in.  Later on, I went into the kitchen to unpack my goodies and discovered that my friend had purchased the sconces for me! 

I called her and said, "So I left the sconces behind the last time I was with you, huh?"  She just laughed and said, "Yeah, don't you remember?"  I thanked her and she said she just wanted to do something nice for me.

I took a bunch pictures of my sweet little chi's and my cute little cupcakes with my new camera, excited about how I could finally post close ups of my boys.  Yeah, well...  Here's why I'm so VERY annoyed!

I've never had a digital camera before and I'm not exactly computer savvy.  I thought it couldn't be too terribly difficult to figure out how to take the pictures and hook it up to the computer.  And apparently I was wrong!  Very wrong!!!  I downloaded the CD and all was good.  The next step was to restart the computer.  Ok, easy enough!  Then it says to go to "My Computer" and select the "D" drive.  Umm, yeah...  That's where the trouble lies.  The "D" drive is my recovery backup.  It gave me a message that I was not to make any changes or deletions to it as it could adversely affect the performance of my computer.  So now what?! 

I have no clue what I'm doing and no clue as to when I can download my fab pictures.  I gotta see if I can have someone help me.  In the mean time, here's a pretty picture of a hummingbird.  Just because...
Source: bing

21 showed me some love:

Scout and Freyja said...

Oh my, I know just how you feel. Thankfully my son is a computer dude and helps me when I get backed into a corner. Call a local ISP, I just bet they will walk you though the set-up in no time at all!

Kristen said...

Wow!!! How cool she got them for you!! And those little cupcake candles sound perfect :) I think you're the only person I "know" who loves cuppies as much as I do!
And nice bargain find on that camera!!!

Martine said...

DANG IT!!! We hope you get the pictures off your camera soon... we are dying to see them.

Melissa said...

Haha.. well good job on what you got today and hope you figure out your camera problems soon. :)

Meg said...

That definitely sucks, I have no idea how to help you. Sorry.

That is awesome that your friend got the sconces! How sweet of her.

koko said...

Hope you can sort out your pooter issues soon... looking forward to see pics of the boys.

Licks, hero

Velvet Over Steel said...

I would be nervous about messing up my computer and wait for someone to help too.
Nice of your friend to get you those! & your purchases sound 'ment to be'. Great deals!

Sorry I didn't get to do the Friday blog. We had a storm and my internet was down Friday morning & then I drove to Chicago for the weekend and he doesn't have internet. Darn! haha I'm getting ready for this week. :-)
HUGS,
Coreen

Zuzana said...

Oh, I am so happy for you that you got a new camera! Congratulations! And what a nice friend you have too.;)
I have a mac, but with my camera i just take out the memory card, put it into a holder that comes with a camera and hook it up to a computer and transfer my pictures to a folder on the desktop on the computer. Then I use an image program to preview them and Adobe photoshop to edit them. I hope you will figure it out as it really should not be too much of a trouble.;)
xoxo

the booker man said...

miss sprinkles!!
how cool that your friend got you those sconces, and those cupcake candles sound spiffy! oh, and i am so excited that you found a digital camera on sale! :)
my mama says -- when you plug in your camera to your compy and are at the "my computer" screen, is there another option that appears? like when she plugs in her camera, she gets another option that says "scanners and cameras" and it lists her camera. then she just clicks on her camera to get to the pictures.
we hope you get everythingie figured out soon cuz we look forward to seeing your pictures!!
*woof*
the booker man

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Doesn't always make you feel a little better when you buy something fun for yourself? And that was a lovely surprise from your friend! I do hope you can figure out how to download the pictures, I've been dying to see pictures of your little ones!

Hugs, Nadine

Life With Dogs said...

Try E drive instead....

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

You camera drive may be called by another letter, every computer is different, according to what you have! Look at what drives you have available, then hook your camera up. When there is an extra drive, poof! there you go!! Hope that helps!!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

MommyLisa said...

Try this first. Typically computers have all the necessary drivers already for digital cameras. Just plug the camera in - do not download the software from the CD - then open the port the camera is plugged into. You should be able to see the files on your camera and save them to any folder on your computer you like.

Hope that helps!

pibble said...

Good for you - once in a while you have to treat yourself, even if you can't really afford it. You're still very much worth it!

Sketching with Dogs said...

I am no good with computers either. Everytime I want to do something one of my sons have to show me - they don't do it in the best spirit either, lol!
How sweet of your friend to buy the sconces, it sounds like you had a fun day - good luck with the camera.
Lynne

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That was very sweet of your friend to buy the sconces for you. Which store did you find the cupcake candles. I love & collect cupcake things.

Maxmom said...

Hey there Sprinkles
I know just what you mean about the frustration of getting stumped by all this technology. I sure hope some help arrives from somewhere as it will be nice to see some of your pics.
Also...hope you hip feels better soon. Keep your chin up about the job.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

P said...

Wow, what a bargain on the camera! Sorry I can't give any advice about it though, I'm useless with cameras!

Lucille, the Great Dane from Italy said...

Hi!!!
I like your style!!!
I really look forward to see it completed with your photos...
Would love to give you a hand with the new camera...
I now have a PC where you can enter the SD card of the camera so it is very easy... as if it is just another folder on the PC...
But if you do not have that on your PC, you should have a cable in the box of your camera: if you plug that in the camera and to the computer, your PC should see them immediately...
Good luck!
I will come and see how you are getting on!
Ciao!!!
Lucille (the Italian Great Dane)

AndreaLeigh said...

what a mess! i'm not computer saavy at all. can you look up the company customer service number on the web?

Unknown said...

Oh - so sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your new camera! What a shame!

It does sound awfully complicated - I'm a bit surprised. As Lucille said, usually, you just need to plug the camera to the computer using the cable provided (or a similarl suitable one with the right "heads") - and it will pretty much download itself. I have never heard of having to install CD's and things, not unless you want their special software for editing photos, etc - but if you have Windows Explorer, you should be able to still download and look at the photos without needing their special software. And there is free software you can download from the web that's great for editing, like Picasa - which allows you to lighten dark photos and crop them, etc. So I never use the software that comes with cameras at all!

Anyway, I hope you can find a computer person to come and help you coz it's hard to help over the internet!

Good luck!
Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.