Monday, September 19, 2011

What I've learned this semester

1.  Business Communication - Encoding:  Sending a message
Decoding:  Receiving a message and trying to understand it

2.  Elementary Algebra - 32÷[2+(20-18)x3] = 4

3.  Cultural Anthropology - Chimps have oral sex

4.  Communication - Communication is the processing of messages from one person to another.  Communications is mass media.

5.  State and Local Government - "The Water Pipe Analogy":  At the top of each pipe are various valves where money comes in from a variety of taxes.  It pours into the state bucket which pours into other smaller buckets such as Health and Welfare, Medicaid, corrections, etc.  If you raise or lower the valve (taxes), it has an effect.  If you lower the tax, you have less money unless you raise taxes elsewhere.  Taxes can be raised in 2 places for 1 purpose.

Aren't you glad I share my wealth of knowledge so you don't have to go to college too?  Think of all the money you're saving!  LOL

8 showed me some love:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

BOL BOL... you are so funny.

Encoding is like WRITING
Decoding is like READING hehehe

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! You made my mom's day ... she loves Algebra. She majored in Math in college. Hope you are having a great time at school. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

The Daily Pip said...

I feel smarter already! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your classes.

Your pal, Pip

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Thank you Miss Sprinkles for this information, especially for the visual when I got to the chimps statement (not!)!

Finn said...

At least the anthropology is interesting!

Meg said...

Kinky little chimps. Love that your learning great stuff, lol.

Sammy the Cavalier said...

Looks like you've learned a lot! I always want to go to school with Tonya, but she says I probably wouldn't like it.

Zuzana said...

Wow, all I can say is that I am impressed.;))
xoxo

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.