Friday, June 9, 2017

TGIF


Happy Friday!  Summer is almost here (June 20th) and this is a busy time of year.   This past weekend I went to the annual Arts & Roses show.  I try to go every year.  It's held outside and consists mostly of paintings and things.  There's a much larger one at the end of summer that I also usually go to, but I almost like this one better because it's not as crowded and usually not as hot.

This weekend is the World Village Festival.  It's basically a big festival where multinational groups come together and share their culture through traditions, storytelling, dance, music, art, food, etc.  I've never been before and am quite looking forward to it.  It starts tomorrow and is a block away from where I work, so I plan to spend my lunch hour exploring a little bit and maybe even going back after work.  Unfortunately, the weather can't seem to decide what it wants to do -- hot one day and cold and rainy the next.  It's supposed to rain this weekend, and I'm hoping it doesn't ruin the festival in any way.

Next weekend I'm meeting up with some friends from an old job and going to the Farmer's Market.  I love, love, love that particular market and it'll be fun to walk through it with a group of friends.  Afterwards we're going to have coffee together and do a proper catch up.  I can't wait!

Work is going well.  I really enjoy my job for the most part.  My contract has been extended through the end of July now, so I'll have been there just shy of a full year by then.  Shockingly, my friend that worked there with me was let go at the end of May.  Her contract had been extended until June 30th but they said that they didn't need her anymore.  I thought that because we work on a contract that we were guaranteed to continue working there until whatever the extension date was but the temp agency I'm using said that we can be let go at any time if the company decides they don't need us anymore.

Shiver seems to be doing about the same and holding on.  His breathing is a little more labored these days, but he still seems to be getting enjoyment out of life.  He plays with his toys, he loves cuddles, he's eating better than he was, etc.  Chico is slowly going downhill and it's hard to watch.  I think I'm going to have some hard decisions to make regarding him sooner rather than later and it's devastating to think about.  It's more important that he have quality rather than quantity though and I don't want him to suffer needlessly.

4 showed me some love:

Kathy G said...

The hardest decision I ever had to make was taking our last cat to the vet to be put down, but he was suffering so much it was the compassionate thing to do.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow that multicultural festival sounds terrific
Lily & Edward

Ruby said...

OMD, it seems like furevers since I checked in! I thinks my bloggie feed has been leaving you out ~ how rude!!! Anyhu, I am glads your job is goin' well, and I hopes they keep you on! I loves Farmers Markets! We have one here that gets really big, butts parking is a nightmare, so if you buy anything, it's quite the hike to your car.
You knows I am sendin' lots and lots of POTP to the boys, and keepin' them in my thoughts ~ gives them all a hug and slobbery kisses from me, k?
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

The Daily Pip said...

The art and roses fair sounds fun. I also love going to farmer's markets. Glad you are enjoying the job and that your contract has been extended through July. That makes non sense that your friend's contract was ended early - I thought a contract was a contract. Love to Shiver

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.