Friday, August 16, 2013

Half Full Friday

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eyegirl originally started in June 2009.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us.  So by participating, I'm deciding to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.  I'm choosing to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.  The Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that.  They're a list of the things in my life that have brought me happiness over the past week.  I'm determined to find something good in each day.  Are you?

For the next week, I'd like to challenge each of you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.  And then come back here and tell me about it!

~I'm happy because...
I finished both of the long, tedious reports for work this week! Sooooo excited about this!!!  

I'm going out to lunch with a friend today!

I'll be seeing some other friends tomorrow!

Buying one of my textbooks this week has me excited for school to start up again!

I've made a list of all the things I need to do before school starts and I've already scratched a few things off the list!  So much to do, so little time!

My boys really enjoyed their homemade Frosty Paws!

I got a new follower!  Welcome!
*****
I got an email last week from someone asking if I might be interested in interviewing for a position with my school that's in a different department than the one I currently work in.  It was an office job and sounded similar to my current job.  This was new to me, as I've never been been asked if I might be interested in a job without actually applying for one.  Apparently, she got my resume from the department head from when I'd applied for a different job awhile back.  I was kind of flattered and said yes.

We hadn't set up an interview time, so on Monday, I sent her an email to follow up.  Turns out she had already hired someone!  I said something to the effect of, "Oh!  I guess I just presumed that I would be interviewed for the position since you approached me about the job rather than the other way around."  She never responded.  

So now I'm completely confused as to why she contacted me in the first place?!  She wasted her time and mine.  I don't really get the point of her asking if I'd be interested in the job and then not even interview me when I said yes!  The more I think about it though, the more I'm glad she didn't hire me.  What would she be like to work for?

5 showed me some love:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

YEP... that is a job you might not want after all.

WHEEEEE your furst text book of the new semester and stuffs scratched of the TO DO list.

If you run out... mom has a LONG LIST. You could take 87 of HERS to do. Just sayin

Unknown said...

Glass half full indeed ....imagine what she would be like......yikes rather not? Sounds like Ms Dippy . Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Jenny Woolf said...

Yes, you should add it to the list of things to be thankful for. People like that are lousy to work with. Have a great weekend!

Ruby said...

Ah, nothin' better than seein' old friends!
Those homemade frosty paws looked FABulous BTW!

Wait, she offers you the job, then hires someone else???? No, that is NOT someone you want to work for. Sounds like a flake, and they are the WORST bosses! Count your blessings that she hired someone else!
Have a great weekend!!
Kisses,
Ruby (and Ma) ♥

Anonymous said...

Glad you are excited for school to start! Hope you have a great year.
And seeing friends is always a fun time. Enjoy yourself : )

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.