Monday, August 12, 2013

Homemade Frosty Paws

We've been out of triple digits for awhile, but it's still waaaay too hot with mid- to high- 90's temps.  I've been wanting to do something special for my little boys to help cool them off a bit.  So, since I couldn't find Frosty Paws in the store, I made some!  I somehow forgot what I did with my blender, so I used a mixer instead, and it worked out perfectly.  (I've since remembered where the blender is, so I'll use it next time I make these.)  


The mixture was enough to fill 2 of these with a little left over.  There were about two spoonfuls left, so I tried it and liked it!    
Four cubes each!  I think next time I'll only give them two.  They both ate the first two fairly quickly, waited a bit before starting the third, and didn't go back for the fourth until the cubes had completely melted.
Enjoying their treats! 
Thanks to Sarge for sharing the recipe.

Unfortunately, Chico got sick that evening and part of the next morning (he's fine now!), and I'm not sure if it was from this or if something else.  I hope it's not from these, as he really seemed to enjoy them.  I'll try these again, and just monitor him to be sure.  

9 showed me some love:

Unknown said...

Great way to keep cool. Hope your weather cools down a bit. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Finn said...

They look delicious! Glad Chico is feeling better! Maybe he had just one too many! Mine never know when to stop!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

We think that it may be that he got sick beclaws that is a LOT of Frosty Paws fur his SIZE... One at a time might be better... with a little wait between that and the second one.
I (Frankie Furter) ate too much once and got sick... so now I only get HALF of what I really WANT. BOL

Blueberry's human said...

Hmmmm... hope these weren't the reason for the sickies! They look really yummy!!

Thank goodness you remembered where your blender is for next time! ;) That's pretty funny!

Scooter said...

Hey Wylde One!
Wow, I think your ice cube tray idea is wonderful! Makes them just the right size for your chi boys. Great pix of them and I hope Chico feels better next time. Glad everyone likes the recipe!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such a clever idea and Purrrrfect for our pets.

Sagira said...

Those look yummy!

Ruby said...

OMD! Yummers!! I'll be right over......
Kisses,
Ruby

Daisy and Cress said...

Looks refreshing!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.