Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Meme

I had a pretty good weekend.  The only really bad part is that someone told me something and I kind of wish they hadn't.  I'm glad they did, because now I'll know what happened.  But it makes me really sad...

Took this from here.  

1.  Tell us about a day spent working for your worst boss.

I had 2 back to back jobs with awful bosses, and it's hard to decide which one was the worst.  

At the first job, I had to literally justify everything I did in a workday.  My boss questioned absolutely everything and I needed to have an answer ready immediately, or face his wrath.  I felt like no matter how hard I tried, it was never good enough.  I absolutely loved my job, just not the office politics.  He made me cry regularly and I eventually decided no job was worth that, so I just quit one day.  It was a spur of the moment decision that I sometimes regret, other times not.

At the next job, my boss was the assistant manager.  On my first day there, she told me that she doesn't care about other people or their problems, unless those problems have a direct effect on her life in some way.  I witnessed this lack of empathy on her part and her lack of caring for others in any way, shape, or form many, many, many times.  She should *NEVER* be in a management position, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would ever think she was management material.  She did have her nice moments once in awhile, but they were few and far between.  She got fired about a year after I did, and I have to say that I did a little happy dance when I found out.  Yes that's mean, but then so is she.

2.  What's one product you use regularly that annoys you?  How would you fix it?

My first thought is feminine hygiene products.  The fact that I have to use them at all is very annoying!  I don't know how to fix them other than to not HAVE to use them.  

3.  If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do with your time?  

I'd volunteer part time somewhere.  I discovered from being unemployed for an extensive period of time that I really needed to do something to get out of the house once in awhile.  As much as I love my house and my 2 sweet chi's, I can't stay cooped up for days, weeks, months at a time because depression sets in very quickly.  

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.
This is a "farola," or lamp post.  I do think it's pretty, but I keep thinking of all the cobwebs and stuff that would get clogged up in the metal there, and it somehow becomes less appealing.  

6 showed me some love:

Finn said...

The lamp post is beautiful in its own way. Kind of reminds me of something I would see in a cartoon of a haunted house - like Bugs Bunny gets stuck in Transylvania and finds this in the haunted house!

Unknown said...

Luckily we have never had a bad boss. Your two sounds awful. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Pippa Sheltie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you don't work for those horrible people any longer, what a nightmare that must have been! These are funny questions, especially the one about the light!
Pippa :)

Sagira said...

Momster agrees with #2. Ughh for sure!

Hope you have a nice week :)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Funny how we thought alike with the lamp outside....two bad bosses to have to deal with but thankfully behind you

Anonymous said...

A boss can certainly set the tone at work. Hope you have better experiences in the future.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.