Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Meme

So today is the first day of school.  Summer went so fast, I feel like I almost missed it somehow.  Where did it go?

I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit anyone very much this past week.  I've hardly been home, and when I have been, I've been busy getting stuff together for school.  I just spent this past weekend scrubbing the house down.

When I was out shopping for school, I went to buy a new camera battery.  Apparently, the store doesn't carry them anymore because the company no longer makes cameras.  WTF!?  This makes me very sad, as I have several pictures on there that I want to upload to my computer.  Now what?

Looking at the syllabus' (syllabi?!) from four of my five classes that I've gotten so far, last semester's staggering amount of homework was nothing compared to what I'll have this semester.  Good God, do professor's all think we only take just the one class from them and that's it and have no life beyond that?  I'm going to be extremely busy from the get go and now I'm kind of not looking forward to it.  Ack!  I'll be around when I can, but it looks like I'm not going to have a lot of free time.

Took this from here.

1.  Who was your worst roommate?  Why?

About 87 and a half years ago, I moved in with a girl I went to high school with.  We both attended the same beauty school.  I didn't really care much for her in high school, but then when we went to beauty school together for the first six months, I just thought that I didn't know her very well.  She didn't seem so bad after all.  We decided to move in together and I quickly remembered why I didn't like her.  

She was a very negative person and she rarely showered.  Other roomies moved in to our tiny two bedroom mobile home and it was a little too much togetherness.  We all fought and it was very uncomfortable to be around them.  Eventually, the others moved out and it was down to her and I again.  Before the others left though, they went to a neighbor to borrow money so that they could all move out while I was home visiting my parents.  The neighbor didn't lend them the money, and told me what they were up to when I came back that evening.  So when I moved out, I did that same thing to her.  I waited until she was at work, packed up my stuff (didn't have much since it was such a small space!) and left. 

2.  If you were a pro wrestler, what would your name be?  

I don't watch pro wrestling, so I didn't have an answer for this one.  But then I went here and it gave me the name of Bubbly Momma.  Soooo not what I would have picked for myself, lol!  What's yours?  

3.  Do you make your bed every morning or do you leave it unmade?  

I'm lazy, so I rarely make it unless I'm changing the bed sheets.  I figure I'm just going to climb back in it that night anyways, so why bother?  It does feel nice to crawl under the covers in a bed that's been made though.

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one.  
I love this!  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to focus on the treble note or the statue, but my eyes are drawn immediately to the musical note.  If anyone wants to come do this at my house for free, and keep up the maintenance on it, please feel free to do so!  lol

7 showed me some love:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

That did not work out well with the roommate....I sorta make my bed every day sloppily....same for me with the treble note:)

Unknown said...

Don't work too hard and try and fit in some me time when you can. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You must have a Kodak camera. You can take your SD card to Wally World and get them put on a CD. UNLESS you have them only in the Camera's INTERNAL memory.

Sketching with Dogs said...

That picture is gorgeous isn't it, they work so well together - is it a composer?
That is a strange but fun Q and A. It can't be easy having a surly roommate who doesn't shower, LOL.
Lynne x

The Life of Riley said...

It is so frustrating about the camera. I was going to say what Frankie Furter and Ernie said. Also do a Google search for generic batteries as I was once able to find a battery to replace a phone battery that no longer made.

Sagira said...

Bubbly momma...that made me giggle. :)
Trust us, we understand not having much time either.

Daisy and Cress said...

No batteries? Oh no! How annoying.

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.