Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Meme


Last week was pretty much the same.  I sent out more resumes, I tried to network more only to be ignored or told to just keep doing what I've been doing and eventually something will open up, I went to the Basque Museum with my mom and got a tour of an old boarding house from the early 1900s, I met up with someone in the field I want to get into only to be told that since I don't already have experience that I will likely not be hired, and I steam cleaned my carpet.  Yes, my life is seriously exciting these days!!!  So you get a Monday Meme since I really have nothing else to talk about.

Took this from here.   

1.  What was the title of the last self-help book you read?  Did it help?

I don't remember because I don't typically read those kinds of books.  I just finished Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult this past week though, which is not a self-help book.

2.  Why did you start your blog?  Is that why you still use it, or has it gone in a different direction than you'd planned?

I originally started my blog because I kept checking out other people's and decided I needed one of my own.  I didn't post much back then because I didn't know what to say.  So one day I decided that I either needed to post or delete it, so I posted very irregularly.  I remember thinking that I would immediately have tons of followers, but that did not happen.  It actually took awhile to get my very first follower, who sadly does not blog anymore.  But we're Facebook friends, so that makes me happy. 

I lost my job and needed an outlet away from my bleak and depressing life.  I've made some really amazing friends, and have had way more positive than negative experiences blogging.  Everyone has been with me through my ups and downs, and I've been with them through theirs.  We've shared laughs and tears, and I can't imagine not blogging anymore.

Once I started school, I didn't blog regularly since I didn't have the time anymore.  Surprisingly, I only lost a few followers during that time.  Thank you all for sticking with me.  Now I've graduated and am back to having too much time on my hands. 

I continue to do it because I find that I miss everyone when I'm gone.  It's nice to maybe take a week or two off, but then I can't help but wonder what everyone else is up to.  Then I discover what I've missed, and realize that I can't stop now.  Plus it keeps me busy in between applying for jobs and trying to network. 

3.  If animals could talk, what are some of the questions you would ask them?

I'd ask my chi's if they're happy.  If not, what can I do to make them happy?  I'd ask animals how they see humans.  I'd ask my mom's beagle why he insists on licking my mom's recliner and trying to chew it up.  I'd ask Shiver what I can do to make him less anxious.  I'd ask Chico how he got those sores on his head.  I'd ask both Shiver and Chico why they think that I should share my food with them when they won't share theirs with me.  (Not that I really wanna eat dog food...)  Anyway, these are just a few off the top of my head.  I'm sure that if we really could have a conversation that I'd come up with many more.  What would you ask?

4.  Show and tell.  What comes to mind first when you see this picture?  Or tell a story if it reminds you of one. 


I always thought it would be cool to play the piano.  I remember asking my mom for lessons when I was a kid and she said that we couldn't afford it.  I told her that I could join the school band and that they piano was already there so it would be free to learn.  She didn't go for that.  We didn't really have any extra-curricular activities as kids.  We didn't have much money and I also think my mom didn't want to have to deal with driving us around where ever we needed to be. 

4 showed me some love:

Sketching with Dogs said...

I have all my fingers crossed that you will find a great job soon!
Those are pretty good questions for the chis. I would ask Elliot why he is terrified of other small dogs but wants to kill big ones and if Dip gets as much fun out of biting people as she appears to :)
Lynne x

The Daily Pip said...

I always wanted to learn how to play piano, too! I probably wouldn't have stuck with it, but it would have been fun to try.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom took piano lessons as an adult, but she was a lot younger then. She gave it up because she never had time to practice as the mother of three very active kiddos. Now she wishes she could go back to it, but she knows you have to have really good stretch with your hands and fingers. Her piano teacher once told her it is very hard to learn as an older adult - and THAT she definitely IS. We even have a piano here that the grandpeeps love to play even if they don't know how:)

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Ziggy Stardust said...

Mommy wanted you to know that I got my Christmas in July and made a post about it and Cookie got mine and thank you very much for doing that.

Ziggy Out!!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.