Monday, July 6, 2015

Sweet Chihuahua Love

There's really nothing better than sweet chihuahua love!  There really isn't!

It's been about a month since I returned home from the leadership conference I attended.  I was gone for a week, and worried endlessly about Shiver because he's an anxious boy and we've never been apart for that long.  I did not worry nearly as much about Chico.

Chico is much more secure in his chihuahua-ness (yes, I made that word up!), and not much seems to bother him.  I remember bringing him home when I very first got him and wondered how he'd adjust.  It took no time at all to settle in.  He didn't seem to miss the old owners at all.  But then, they left him outside or in the garage most of the time so I can't really blame him there.
Chico
My mom messaged me on Facebook the first night I was gone and said she knew I'd be worried about the boys, but that they were fine.  The next night she said that they hadn't eaten much, so she'd hand fed them.  When I finally got home, Shiver was upset and I think he thought that I was going to leave him there.  Chico had lost weight, and insisted that I hold him as much as possible.

When we got home, the boys didn't want to go out in the yard to do their business.  They wanted to curl up with me for the rest of the day and night.  Fine by me; I was exhausted, so cuddling sounded perfect.  If I got up for any reason, they weren't too far behind.  

Since then, I've noticed that Chico seems to have this need to have me hold him or for him to sit in my lap from the moment I sit down until I make him get up.  I knew he loved me before, but now I really know he loves me!  And I know he missed me.
Shiver
Shiver is back to normal now.  If I'm out of the room for awhile, he comes to check on me now and again.  He seems much more playful now too, especially if I have somewhere to go.  He got extremely upset if I had to leave the first week or two, but he's better about it now.  He still hates to see me leave the house, but he doesn't make me feel quite as guilty now.  

When I'm down in the dumps, it feels good to know that at least my baby boys love me!

5 showed me some love:

Two French Bulldogs said...

We hope you ignored her for 87 minutes when she got home
Lily & Edward

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is just so sweet and it must really warm your heart. Dogs know what is their normal routine and change can upset them. But you have to do what you have to do. At least you had a good option for them to be well-cared for in your absence.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Sketching with Dogs said...

I agree with you 100%! There really isn't anything better than the love of a good chihuahua :)
Bet you missed them just as much as they did you. They are such loving, loyal little dogs aren't they.
Lynne x

The Daily Pip said...

They both sound so sweet! Both Pip and Ruby get very upset when we go out of town. Pip would almost always get sick, poor baby

Ziggy Stardust said...

I don't like when my Mommy leaves me at all and I give her lots of licks and snuggles when she comes back.


Ziggy Out!!

Post a Comment

 

(c) Copyright 2010 Zany Dezines. Premade Layout from Zany Dezines.